Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

A Nice Surprise... UPDATE!

Got a call last weekend from one of the private communities we do all the work for. They needed a Nissan Altima that's been sitting on the shoulder of the road for 3 days impounded. Knowing this area...I figured I was getting some frickin abandoned "club"...

20220319_122131.thumb.jpg.08b92530ee729370ae4790bb1c452a43.jpg

20220319_122144.thumb.jpg.5e8385bc77d74090d58aac759a74a973.jpg

Nice surprise when I pulled up...told the officer I was pleasantly  surprised to find a 2022 Nissan! I guess the operator was arrested 2 days after he bought the car! Well anyway...pretty sure someone will be looking for this...LoL

Edited by EdsTowing
  • Like 5

If it were left on the side of the road here, the cat would be cut off of it. Even residents of these type area's know not to park on the street over night. Sad Times we're in as to the number of thieves roaming the streets. Did it get picked up or are storage charges making an even nicer impound? We have one the driver was arrested for DUI over a week ago. Has not showed up and the officer says he may be in for awhile longer on other charges. Registration expired on this one nearly two years ago. He will be be driving it out without a current registration.

This one got picked up (actually delivered) by the guy's girlfriend. She doesn't have the keys...I suggested they are in a zip lock bag at the County detention center? So she asked for us to tow it to the dealer to have keys made up. We told her she better check 1st since it's not registered to her...sure enough, they said they wouldn't do it. So we towed it to their residence to stop the "bleeding" and she's going to try to figure something out. 

17 hours ago, Moose said:

If it were left on the side of the road here, the cat would be cut off of it. Even residents of these type area's know not to park on the street over night. Sad Times we're in as to the number of thieves roaming the streets.

Not that bad here but getting there...

• 10 months later...

I just had to follow this up...this started nearly a year ago. We received a call from a property owner today that they wanted a car removed from their property. The community's Security told her to call us and we responded. Rob recognized the car because he parked it there last year!

1055869440_22nissanaltima2.2_23.thumb.jpg.2e4a9de1c068a8abb9fe1886697821a4.jpg

She told us the owner is still in jail and didn't know when he was getting out....obviously something more then the DUI it started as? So now we got it back in the impound yard. I'm going to assume that there is a finance company somewhere looking for this...We don't have keys yet so I'm not sure of the mileage but he only had the car for 1 day when we got it so I'll assume it isn't much. 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1