Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Driver arrested for DUI after slamming into WSDOT truck on I-90 in Kittitas County (WA)

TowNews

WSDOT032222A.thumb.jpg.994da603758b5df82cac9f6d02163e43.jpg

EASTON — A driver was arrested for DUI on Tuesday after colliding with a WSDOT truck on Interstate 90 in Kittitas County.

The collision occurred around 3:30 p.m. on westbound I-90, near exit 63 about seven miles west of Easton, according to the Washington State Patrol.

The WSDOT truck was providing traffic control for a disabled vehicle blocking one lane, as well as a tow truck on scene, when the WSDOT truck was hit from behind, Trooper John Bryant stated.

No injuries were reported in the collision.

Bryant said the driver of the causing vehicle was taken into custody for DUI.

Resource Link

WSDOT posted this incident statement on their FB page:

WSDOT032222B.thumb.jpg.89787808a35d8a33b04e1187c94c3d1d.jpg

At about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday our attenuator truck from our Hyak maintenance shed was providing traffic control for a disabled vehicle and tow truck on westbound I-90 about seven miles west of Easton when it was struck from behind. Several signs were in place warning of the lane closure. Fortunately the operator of our truck, while sore, had no major injuries. The Washington State Patrol took the other driver into custody for possible DUI.

WSDOT032222C.thumb.jpg.c0dc59b3206a538a830cc57d671313f8.jpg

We've seen a sharp increase in major collisions this month, both involving our work zones and otherwise, and for a variety of different causes. So this is another reminder to please. ...PLEASE. ...for the safety of our workers, other drivers and pedestrians, and yourself, slow down, drive sober, be alert, and secure your loads. It all makes a difference in keeping everyone out there safe.

WSDOT032222D.thumb.jpg.e589be4496243754134bd0e118701ad5.jpg

The Wife of the Tow Truck Operator responded in the topic:
Ashley Butler said: My husband was the tow truck driver in this incident. Without that crash truck, he may not have came home yesterday.
  • Like 1