Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Land of Snow

OldBuffalo

Hi guys! I’m no longer in the business but, did it for years in Buffalo, NY when I was young. I worked for a large body shop and mainly towed for for the Amherst police department. Did a fair amount of recovery work as well as accidents and arrests!

The first truck I ran with was a 79 F350 with a Chevron hydraulic. After a few years, I moved to a 79 C30 with a HOLMES 1200 Commander. The body was a custom fiberglass version that had an integrated light bar tower. There were only a few of them made with that bed. In 83, I set up a new one the exact same way with the exception that it was a custom deluxe and not a Scottsdale like the 79. We also had another 79 F350 with a 17’ roll back tilt.

What I’m looking for is information and or pictures of a Chevy with that custom fiberglass body, that I had. If I remember correctly that first 1979 Chevy I had, was set up and used for the Poconos raceway.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived