Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - Couch or Tow Truck

My husband and I were going shopping for a new recliner, and as we walked into the furniture store, the wife of a fellow tower was walking out. We began chatting, and found that she was shopping for a new couch.

She said she knew what she wanted, but was afraid to spend the money. I told her, take it from me – get what you want.

Her story brought back a memory of when my husband and I were looking to buy a new couch, and a new tow truck at the same time. I struggled with spending the money on the couch I wanted, as I knew we needed another truck. We ended up getting a new couch, but it was not what I really wanted. We went with the lower priced one.

We also bought a new tow truck, and when all the extras my husband ordered were added in, the total was a bit more than I thought. Were some of the extras really needed? Or what he wanted?

I felt a little resentment and anger. Don’t get me wrong, we couldn’t buy anything without the revenue the tow trucks brought in, but to me it didn’t seem fair that I watched the pennies and didn’t get the couch I wanted, but my husband certainly got the truck he wanted.

In owning a small business, it seems you’re always putting everything back into the business, but sometimes, buying the couch you want makes for a happy wife.

To this day, the salesman who sold us the truck and I laugh about what happened. He wanted to make a sale, but wasn’t he sure how to not be put in the middle of our discussions of couch or tow truck.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com