Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Recovery with industrial carrier

How hard can you pull with an industrial carrier. I know the unit we are looking at has a 20k winch but I guess the real question is can the bed with stand the added strains of recovery? Or would we still need to send a wrecker?  These units seem to make perfect sense for f450 and 550 type trucks. But is it realistic to think it’s capable of doing both the recovery portion and the towing portion. We have other uses for the truck but I was hoping it could have some added versatility.

Currently we have a 25ton and a 20ton we don’t do any light duty. We do however get out fair share of 550 work trucks that are always heavy. A 112 or 16 ton would be fine for them but wouldn’t add a lot or versatility. Some of the companies we work for have pickups and vans but we currently sub them out when needed.

13 hours ago, mikeshome said:

I would say you could do a fair bit of recovery with the right driver in it

If you carry enough equipment on it with the right driver, you would be surprised at what you can do with a carrier.  As for "how hard can you pull", that depends on the situations.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...