Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Decking a Day Cab With Yard Truck

TowZone

Posted by Mark Dewberry June 2010:
I bought an old 750 about 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was one of those things where I didn't really need one, just wanted one. I always thought they were kinda cool. I can still use it on winch outs on logging roads. It will be put on the T-600 behind it,in the picture, in a few months because we have built a 379 Pete for the hydraulic unit on the KW. The 750 is now a single axle but we are going to make it a tandem. We are actually going to stretch the 750 bed  20" to make this happen and not make it look like a military bed. I know its alot of work for an old mechanical but I kinda like that ole thing and its in great shape.   Thanks,    Mark

Vintage750decking.jpg
Tri-State Collision
Eufaula, Al
WreckMaster # 071464

gdwrnch33 said:
Looks good. Hard to beat a 750. Thanks for posting.

Turbo4whl said:
Yes, I have to agree. I logged a lot hours behind the wheel of the company's old 750. Could back into the front at almost any angle to the 13 ton line trucks. Throw a line pole cross arm (4x6 wood) on the chains under the frame and lift up. Local PD always liked when you cleared the road quick. Move to safe spot. Pull the shaft, add the air and light lines, roll!
Wayne
SE Pennsylvania

Archived