Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 01.22.22 (TX) "Updated"

TowNews

AAA independent tow truck driver killed in hit-and-run on HWY 290 in NW Houston, company confirms

HOUSTON – A tow truck operator was hit and killed while helping a stranded driver on the side of Highway 290 near Pinemont in northwest Houston on Saturday morning.

According to a spokesperson from AAA, one of their independent operators was hit around 2 a.m. as he stood on the highway, loading the stranded driver’s vehicle onto his tow truck.

Law enforcement officers said the driver that hit the operator left the scene immediately afterward.

Authorities have not released any information on that person.

The stranded driver was not injured during the incident.

AAA released the following statement, saying in part:

Deaths like these can be avoided if drivers slow down and move over to give tow truck operators the room they need to work safely. We can’t stress enough how important it is for drivers to pay attention so they have time to change lanes when they see AAA, an emergency responder, or simply anybody stopped along the side of the road.”

We now know the name of the Tow Truck Operator Struck and Killed on Saturday. The Drivers name is Timothy Perkins and he worked for All American Towing Houston, TX.

TimothyPerkins.thumb.jpg.67acad2e3da0d411f458884bf133ba71.jpgTimothyPerkins2.thumb.jpg.635850571feb09d7e0e27b74ec4fd992.jpg

Condolences to the drivers family. We can't stress enough how law enforcement needs to be more involved in enforcing the slow down move over laws. There has been no times we have seen law enforcement assisting with enforcing the laws that are already in place. This also encourages the use of rear facing red and blue emergency lights on all towing and roadside assistance vehicles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blainoco said:

Condolences to the drivers family. We can't stress enough how law enforcement needs to be more involved in enforcing the slow down move over laws. There has been no times we have seen law enforcement assisting with enforcing the laws that are already in place. This also encourages the use of rear facing red and blue emergency lights on all towing and roadside assistance vehicles.

YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!!! Condolences to his family! These type of incidents (Not accidents) are happening way to much. The general public knows to either or both “SLOW DOWN & MOVE OVER” I see ppl do it all day for the Red & Blues but not for us. And we are the ones getting plucked off the side of the road! I’ve been doing this for 11years now and only had 1 Red & Blue assist me while I was out there. To all the Red & Blues, A LIFE IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT SPEEDING TICKET! Please help us out! We want to go home also!

All to regular are reports of a someone assisting others being struck and killed. It's getting so regular that not only tow truck drivers are being injured or lose their lives.

Out heartfelt condolences to the family, friends and co-workers. This has got to stop, more awareness, tougher penalties. This was a Hit & Run... we hope they find this murderer quickly. Yes, this a vehicular manslaughter "Murder"

Gods Speed Driver

Not to distract from this Tower Down Notification in which Timothy Perkins a Tow Truck Driver with All American Towing in Houston, TX has tragically lost his life.

Not even 48 hours since that tragic loss of life a Houston Sheriffs Deputy has also lost his life in a Hit & Run incident. We are sadden by any loss of life in the line of duty be it Tow Truck Operator, Law Enforcement or anyone just doing a hazardous job.

My condolences to his family, we as tow truck operators need to speak up and have more strick laws for the slow down and move over law, or let us have red and blue lights. Enough is enough, just how many more tow truck drivers need to die before something changes. I put my beacons on for Timothy may you rest in peace bro 🙏 makes me angry and heart broken everytime I hear about another operator getting stuck and killed.