Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Lodar remote, winch only or winch, slide & tilt?

Tow411

This topic was originally created on Tow411 in 2011 by Orcas Tow:

That is the question, I'm sold on the winch remote for the new rollback, any good reason other than WOW factor for the slide & tilt to be remote? What situations would the tilt & slide function be helpful/safer, easier in an awkward load or recovery?

Rod VT said:

Loading motorcycles (no dolly needed).
General safety on the interstate (maybe not so important on your island)
Speed (you can walk or talk and extend your bed at the same time)
"Cheat" loading of cars (drive on, flatten bed while foot on brake)

It's totally worth the extra investment for the added functions.

P.S. Consider a Mobile Control System's set-up, much easier install (I have both brands). Uzek. call me if you want details (or a quote, I am a dealer for them).

timjohn said:

When it raining out you can have the bed on the ground before you leave the truck

Brian Bell said:

I think they owe you a commission.

BrianBellsig.jpg.f0189b4779f73cc4cd265f87d27b489f.jpg

MTA14 said:

what Rod and Tim sez...

Ed Barker said:

We get the full remote systems on all of ours,, you'll be glad you did,,, you getting a new truck????

Orcas Tow said:

Sure did, just down the street from you Ed:), I'll post pictures once she's all lettered up, ran a few calls with her & I'm lovin the Allison! 

Meggala said:

I hope you got the full remote I wouldn't be without it but I have a simple rule any one I train learns with out it.

Orcas Tow Said:

I bought the 6 function Lodar, installed it today, works nice, I have been paying attention to all the situations I have been in since I ordered it & boy will it make things easier!

• Like 1