Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowForce 2022 Semi Annual Roll Call "Wrapping Up"

TowZone

1 hour ago, TowForce said:

The HIgh Cost of Fuel Got You Down!

Sorry, these old gas pumps have not worked in years.

I hear gas was under a dollar a gallon back in those days.

SVP022622A.jpg

Bad News....

There will not be a drawing this month as the names were not in the bowl yesterday.

Good News....

You have another week to add your screen name to the drawings which will be held on the First and Third Tuesdays of each month. Good Luck!

Ready for the drawings.... Savannah

spacer.png

Tow Truck Exchange Inc.

Wally T - 951-575-6393

In 1971, I owned a Richfield "Service Station" and two trucks as an Auxiliary 3A Contract Station. in San Mateo, CA.  A gallon of Premium gas was priced at  $.36 cents a gallon. That was when a Service attendant Washed windshields, Checked oil Levels under the hood and checked the air pressure in the tires, Less than a year after I bought the Station, there was a "fuel shortage created by Pat Brown, who was the Calif  Governor and the price went up to $.55 cents per gallon.  ARCO bought Richfield out, Started Self Serve at the pumps and Self Service prevailed and continues to do so now.

When I graduated High Scholl in 1958, fuel cost was $.26 cents a gallon. That was the year that Mc Donald hamburgers came out and the price was $ .19 cents. Those were the days when life for a teenager was really FUN. Now, not so much

spacer.png

Tow Truck Exchange Inc.

Wally T - 951-575-6393

In 1971, I owned a Richfield "Service Station" and two trucks as an Auxiliary 3A Contract Station. in San Mateo, CA.  A gallon of Premium gas was priced at  $.36 cents a gallon. That was when a Service attendant Washed windshields, Checked oil Levels under the hood and checked the air pressure in the tires, Less than a year after I bought the Station, there was a "fuel shortage created by Pat Brown, who was the Calif  Governor and the price went up to $.55 cents per gallon.  ARCO bought Richfield out, Started Self Serve at the pumps and Self Service prevailed and continues to do so now.
When I graduated High Scholl in 1958, fuel cost was $.26 cents a gallon. That was the year that Mc Donald hamburgers came out and the price was $ .19 cents. Those were the days when life for a teenager was really FUN. Now, not so much
Dang you're old! Lol I bet you've seen a lot of

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back in the day.... those pumps only went to 99.9 cents per gallon. When gas went over a dollar a gallon, gas was priced by the half gallon until new registers could be acquired.

George - - Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road