Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Landlord Says He Was Assaulted While Having Stolen Vehicles Towed Out Of Parking Lot (MN)

TowNews

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Twin Cities landlord says he almost died after he was assaulted while attempting to get some stolen vehicles towed out of his parking lot.

In a post on Nextdoor, Dale Howey of St. Paul says he was helping a tow truck driver remove two stolen vehicles from his lot in the area of 24th Street and Garfield Avenue in Minneapolis when three young men approached. According to a police report, the incident happened during the early morning hours of New Year’s Eve.

Howey says he was “sucker punched” by two of the men and kicked repeatedly in the face until the tow truck driver stepped in.

“The tow truck driver saved my life,” he wrote. “From the video, they had no intent on stopping the kicking until I was hamburger. Almost died. Not yet. HCMC saved my heart from stopping.”

Howey says the men were using his lot for short term stolen vehicle parking.

WCCO reached out to Minneapolis police, who confirmed that they’re investigating the case.

Resource Link

Does this make sense to anyone?

The article states the landlord says these were Stolen Cars.

Has anyone picked up, towed, recovered, etc. Stolen Vehicles without an officer present.

I don't know anyplace that the officers do not have to remain with the vehicle until it is towed.