Quantcast
  • Come join the TowForce community.

Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - Jerr-Dan Introduces the JD25 INT to Replace Current 25 Ton Wrecker

TowTimes

New-JD25-INT-300x201.jpgJerr-Dan, an Oshkosh Corporation company (NYSE:OSK) has announced the JD25 INT, a new replacement model for its current 25-ton wrecker.

Available in both single and tandem axle body configurations, the updated heavy-duty integrated wrecker is designed for towing medium- and heavy-duty trucks, buses and tractor trailers.

The new underlift has a rated capacity of 32,000 lbs. retracted and 15,000 lbs. fully extended at 134 inches. The newly-designed boom, rated at 50,000 lbs. retracted and 16,000 lbs. extended at a 30-degree angle, features 134 inches of reach off the tailboard, giving the operator the ability to undeck trucks, load/unload cargo, or perform vehicle recoveries and uprights.

The unit comes standard with two 25,000-lb. Ramsey 2-speed winches and an optional fully-proportional wireless remote featuring 2-speed winch control and winch free-spool engagement. The new tailboard comes standard with 4 D-rings, air and electrical hook ups, and rear stabilizers equipped with D-rings and 3-position spade feet.

Other features include:

Touchlink control system for lighting and winches with integrated E-stop
Optional Touchlink in-cab underlift control panel
Fully proportional electric/hydraulic controls for driver’s side control station with fewer moving parts to reduce maintenance time and cost (e.g. push/pull cables)
Base body supports both single and tandem axle applications

For more information visit www.jerrdan.com/en/equipment/wreckers/heavy-duty/integrated

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

Agreed. 

Although I have been out of the heavy game for a few years now, I have always tried to stay up to speed on the industry offerings and new tech coming along mainly because I miss the hell out of it ( Dont tell my wife I  said that.)

From the sounds of it, Jerr-Dan has put together a real versatile set up with this one.  Integrated units are historically hobbled when it comes to hard core recovery work in my opinion but this new design looks like it will close that gap. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE