Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Copied from FB: Has anyone tried gettin along with, agero

TowZone

Michael Tobat Asked The Qestion On Facebook

Christopher Chambers Said: Yea

CJ Lawson said:

They suck man, don't do it, not worth the money and headache

Gerald Adler said:

They will get on you buddy its the other way around. I hooe you like it unlubed. They will short you atleast 3 miles on every single call. Not sure which mapping software they use but it definitely benefits them 100% of the time.

Vennie Gaga said:

I do some tows for them when their vendors ignore their calls. They pay your rates as long as you stay away from signing up with them

CJ Lawson said:

We usually run six trucks during the day and two at night with one on call driver cuz it's not as busy, and they know this. It's in our contract, they called me one morning with five calls, I told them I couldn't take all the calls because I didn't have enough trucks, mind you the calls only had like twenty mins left until they were over the sixty min ETA given, so they gave me shit for not taking all the calls and then all the shot from the customers then didn't give me any calls for like days. And they barely pay. And you don't get paid for what you do

Jason McGee said:

Focus on anything else you will regret it everyone with a tow dolly is on their contract. They will not use you out of no where cause the guy with a tow Dollie and no insurance is cheaper.

Yea it’s like taking a knife to the back over and over again. They will cheat you over and over again.

Matt Moon said:
Don’t sign with them! Just get cc when they call.

Steveo Kelly said:
Fuck agero dumbest mother fuckers ever.

Joey Bolton said:
They don’t pay in a timely manner, they don’t pay completely, they can’t keep employees so you’ll never be able to get ahold of your representative, and if theirs a claim against you they will take it from your income even if your insurance already paid out. But if you want the volume at little to no profit, they got it!

Robert King said:

Play them at their own game only do tows that are worth it and always chase them down for your money

You can make money with them if you watch what you take and you make them agree to your terms. Set your rates high enough were you make money I don't know why people set these roadsides up for $35 that's ridiculous. Make sure anything beyond a regular call you get supervisor approval, and make them put supervisor name and number on it for dollies wait time etc.

Jerry Weller said:
Have towed for years for them

Ed Thorne said:
Don't put yourself thru that.....

CJ Lawson said:
All in favor of Geico?

Yup they suck. Your better off with Geico. There is alot of tow companies that have Geico

CJ Lawson said:
I like Geico, they are pretty good to us

Sean Hobena said:
CC only at time of service for me.
“We’ll call you right back”

James Roach said:
I though Geico contracted it out

what do you charge a tow

For everyone running Agero have your customers sign a repossession order if Agero doesn’t pay you. Then start repossessing the vehicles you towed that they beat you on payment. See how long they keep beating all the towers after we take back the cars.

Steven Kuro said:
All motor club is shit

Don't sign. Charge your rate and get card before you leave and run it.

Never had a problem with them with paying or nothing they pay weekly.

CJ Lawson said:
I have always had an issue getting paid by them, I rolled up on a car once and I was dispatched for a tire change, they neglected to tell me that the car fell off the jack twice and rolled off the little step thing from the garage car poart and they tried to move it...with three tires on it.....k no problem I can handle this so I wasn't doing shit without getting extra laybor, so I called and they refused to give me extra laybor. Cheap asses.

Jim Knight said:
Credit Card First!!!!

Go ahead and sign, but know you'll only get 80-85% what you bill, then try to fight them for the rest. Depending on where in the Country you are, you can only call between certain hours for billing help. And Field Managers, maybe they get back with you, maybe they don't.

Jerry Wagner said:
If the contract benefits them, it's right. If it benefits you, well it's gotta be wrong. So cheat the service provider out of their money. That's Agero.

Marty Hoover said:
Don't do it they won't pay

Please here for Agero reps that monitor this forum to see, sorry for the foul language. FB is full of it. Of course they are aware the rankings generally reflect this attitude...

I tried to get along with Agero and did successfully for six years. As soon as I took my focus off of them they got me. I emailed them today to tell them their ways are dramatically impacting my business financially and that I’ve been making the same with them for years and this week it was thousands short. They just don’t care thank god for my other major contracts. Agero, the company I always defended did to me what they have always done to everyone else. It doesn’t matter how great your service is because they will find someone to do it cheaper. 

Tried it as Cross Country, tried it 10 years later as Agero. Signed their contract with our mutually agreed rates paid hourly as I have to ride a ferry boat (Orcas Island, Wa.) to get to any dealership. Worked fine for about 6 months, then after being bounced around to 3 different "supervisors" at Agero due to "he is no longer working here" they started cutting my labor time in 1/2 & even cut the cost of my ferry ticket of $166.95. As of now until paid in full I have all their incoming calls blocked on my phone. A few days ago they had a member at the ferry landing here on Orcas Island in the ferry loading lanes that had lost their keys & needed the car unlocked & towed the the Mazda dealer. The ferry landing called me directly saying the car would be impounded (by me) if not moved asking my ETA & I said 30 minutes once dispatched by the owner of the car, he said that they have been calling their roadside but they can't get through to me, guess it must be Agero. Hour later I get another call from owner of car saying he has called his roadside (Agero) & they say that they have been trying to get ahold of me for hours but no answer, I tell member the short story that I have them blocked until paid. 1 hr later Sheriff office calls saying roadside insurance company called them asking them to do something about the situation, What! They say call me. I explained the situation that I will not service that roadside insurance company until I am paid whats owed (then its a credit card up front after that). Long story they either found the key or had an off island company come to get the car but Agero is slimey, contracted rates & they cut dollar amounts, slow pay, etc... I understand I am in a location that is different than their standard tow company but they don't & so far have not been reasonable to work with.

Hello from sunny (when its not raining) Orcas Island

• 2 months later...

One major problem with agero is double booking. Thet will pay $50 for a goa if you are out of network but only $15 in network. They have the worst dispatchers of anybody that I tow for and pay the least. My advice is not to sign with them but take calls paid by cc up front at your rates.

• 3 months later...

The thing about this entire topic that gets my ass is back when I started with Cross Country, over 35 years ago, they were the best.  No other motor club came close.  Back in the day, there were very few night calls, as they were only handling car manufacturers' warranty roadside assistance.  And dealerships are closed at night.  Back then, they were not servicing Liberty Mutual, Progressive, State Farm, etc, which are crap calls.  Those insurance calls are basically like AAA calls.  Over the years, they have been slipping downhill.  Now they have tumbled to the bottom.  It's a shame.  The work is there.  And I am willing to do it.  But they make dealing with them unbearable in every way.  They are stealing over-mileage, they're not paying most GOAs,  they routinely cut loaded mileage, they cut the winching fee in half by cutting the time that they allow in half.  I haven't performed a winching call for them for over 3 years.  The dispatchers are rude, stupid, and they lie to us every day.  I had a call about a month ago to tow a car from my area to somewhere in New Jersey.  I had towed that car locally twice a few days earlier.  And I knew that the member had up to $50 coverage per job.  Agero charged the woman the $4.00/mile for the over-mileage, which is what I charge.  She paid for the over-mileage with her credit card information over the phone.  And they wanted me to handle the call as if the car was fully covered (at their contracted rates).  I flatly refused.  I cannot tow a car that far away at their rates, and return empty and make no money.  I need the $4.00/mile over-mileage to make up for the piddling rate they're paying me.  I'm sure somebody else towed it.  Not my problem.  And let's not forget Grundy Insurance.  In case you have never heard of them, it is an insurance company for people who own classic cars.  I did a little research on them.  Grundy customers who purchase roadside assistance from them pay approximately triple for their coverage, versus AAA.  Everyone is making more money on this call but us.  One day, they sent me to service a car.  It was a Ford GT, worth over $300,000.  And they wanted me to charge them the same rate that I would charge to tow a Ford Focus.  I refused.  They won't tell you that it is a Grundy call.  But the tip off is they ask for "soft straps".  Beware.

I forgot to add this little gem.  I posted this elsewhere in here before.  But it bears repeating.  There are a number of instances that I received a phone call right after taking a road call from Agero.  The phone rings, the caller ID indicates that it is a toll-free number, I answer it, and a recording comes on, "this call may be recorded or monitored for quality control purposes".  So what would you think of that?  I figured that it was a telemarketer.  So I hung up.  The phone rang 5 more times, and I ignored it.  After the 6th call, I answered it again.  The same message played.  After the message, I screamed into the phone "why are you calling me?"  Turns out, it was the woman with the car that I was going to.  I asked her if she was a spam caller.  She didn't know what I was talking about.  This incident happened another half-dozen times.  After talking to people, I have come to the conclusion that the member is asked if they want to talk to  the service provider directly.  If they do, and the press a key, they are connected to me.  The problem with that is the conversation between the customer and me is being monitored and recorded by Agero.  Technically, we are being warned by Agero.  We just don't know why.  So if you say anything to the customer that Agero doesn't like, you are going to hear about it.  Now, when I get that stupid recording, I hang up on it immediately.  And I call the member myself, so Agero is out of the loop. 

now agero has SPARK.... which is yet another garbage app. there's a reason tow companies have centralized dispatch. it's like urgently, they try and send us all over town, way out of our service area. they basically want to deal with everyone as independent drivers so they have all the control, so they can be as slimey as they want, and it'll be like uber where the drivers have no collective power.

• 1 month later...

I guess like most of you AGERO calls for price and ETA with the comment they will clear it with there Supervisor and call back and never do,. 

Well today her in PA we had over 8 in of snow in about 6 hrs.   I had well over 50 calls from them for as far as 45 mi away. 

Guess what I told them "use me on a nice day and I MAY go out in this weather "

Didn't take any of there calls.

George Geissinger

Archived