Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Thomas "Bear" Murphy | 1956 - 2021 | Obituary

EdsTowing

I'm sure a lot of guys knew Bear Murphy from NJ. He followed this board from the beginning but not a big contributor. Great guy though....always enjoyed his conversation at the shows.

BearMurphy.jpg

https://www.lehrergibilisco.com/obituary/thomas-bear-murphy?lud=F7B6618C7953F8937ED88C26BBED8E53&fbclid=IwAR1djBYR-NapYucOjKsHUUrtiS03lCFdK_aCRgeFIUgxsCiD2nnR_azE1jY

Rahway - Thomas "Bear" J. Murphy, 65, passed away suddenly on Monday, October 18, 2021 at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Rahway.  Bear was born in Elizabeth and lived in Roselle for 19 years and Rahway for the past 47 years.   He was a Abraham Clark High School Graduate in 1974 and was a member of the High School Football Team as a Defensive Tackle.  Bear worked all his life at Murphy Towing in Rahway.  He took over the business from his father in 1992.  Murphy Towing has been in business for over 57 years.

He was a member of the Garden State Towing Association and  the Vice President, Bear was a member of the Rahway Honorary Local 31, the PBA Rahway FMBA Honorary Member, the Rahway First Aid Squad Honorary Member.   He was and Avid NY Giants Fan, and a Notre Dame Fan.  Bear was proud to be Irish. Bear was there for everyone no matter the need, day or night.  He was a loving brother, uncle and friend to many and will be missed by all.

Bear is predeceased by his late father and mother Michael and Ruth Murphy, a brother in law John Chabak.  He is survived by a sister, Jane Ann Murphy-Chabak, a niece Sarah Jane Chabak, a nephew Michael Chabak and may close friends from throughout the county.

Funeral Services will take place on Friday, October 22, 2021, 9:00 am from the funeral home, 10:00 am St. John the Apostle RC Church, Clark.  Visitation on Thursday, October 21, 2021 from 4-8 pm at the Lehrer-Gibilisco Funeral Home, 275 West Milton Avenue, Rahway, NJ  07065.  Interment St. Gertrude Cemetery, Colonia.

In lieu of flowers memorial contribution can be made in "Bear's" name to:  International Towing & Recovery Hall of Fame and Museum Survivor Fund  https://internationaltowingmuseum.org, 3315 Broad Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37408.  or the Rahway PBA Local #31, P.O. Box 832, Rahway, NJ  07065 or Rahway Fire Department FMBA33, P.O. Box 28, Rahway, NJ 07065

It would be Bear to be logged in when someone accessed his computer or phone. Yeah, that would be me as i never log out. There isn't a reason to as I am the only person using my computer..

I have to say though I was taken a back when I saw Bear Murphy was active. I knew reaching back from beyond is something Bear would highly desire, but I didn't think he could pull it off. Then again, with help anything can make it appear as such. Maybe that person will add a reply.

RIP Bear, you know we all Care!