Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Send It Saturday

A few hours after our train track job we were called for another car that failed to stop at a stop sign and barreled into the woods. This one landed about 120 feet through some thick and pointy briars and wasn't visible from the road.

20211017_010802.thumb.jpg.dcd71c5cfc63c0b06a2f53966fd4f70f.jpg

Your can just barely see the tail lights though the shrubs. I ran a line to it and had my dad keep an eye on it while I pulled it to the roadway. 20211017_011106.thumb.jpg.70100eb85173b0f742215e533982e640.jpg

After it emerged from the woods we loaded it onto the flatbed for the ride back to the shop.

20211017_012448.thumb.jpg.c168bb5c00bf96084d43b14fd76e408d.jpg

20211017_005753.jpg

• Like 2

Hope you were wearing long sleeves and gloves. You never know what is in the brush and this time of year for us it's a poison ivy of some type. I know there are times I gotta get it, but flashbacks to the times I came away in pain trying not to itch weighs heavy on my mind. I try to carry cardboard or at worst use the cars floor mats. It usually a total anyway, allow these days you find fewer cars have their floor mats.

At least it appears to have gone straight in, I've though I would need to cut a tree down before. However using other trees to winch off of was a better option.

16 hours ago, TowZone said:

Hope you were wearing long sleeves and gloves. You never know what is in the brush and this time of year for us it's a poison ivy of some type. I know there are times I gotta get it, but flashbacks to the times I came away in pain trying not to itch weighs heavy on my mind. I try to carry cardboard or at worst use the cars floor mats. It usually a total anyway, allow these days you find fewer cars have their floor mats.

At least it appears to have gone straight in, I've though I would need to cut a tree down before. However using other trees to winch off of was a better option.

I definitely had a jacket and gloves on when I went in and the owner unknowingly donated a blanket from the trunk for me to lay on. I checked the area and didn't see any poison ivy, but there was a nasty looking caterpillar right by the car. He was a fuzzy looking bastard and he wasn't concerned about us messing around his area, which is always a red flag so we have him a wide berth. 

As far as pulling it out it came pretty easy since the ride in cleared the path for the way out. Luckily the steering was still intact so we were able to just use one line and steer around the couple small obstacles along the way. At one point the side I was hooked to started to out pace the other side and I thought I was going to have to lay in the yuck to run another strap, but it straightened out by itself with a little string wheel adjustment. One of those ones where you needed two people because I couldn't see the car for the first 50 feet or so.

• Like 1