Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Worst car accident this tow truck driver ever had to come to (RIP)

1 minute ago, GRUMPS The Towman said:

I always felt that it was an unwritten rule or a "code of conduct" if you will That we tow operators do not record or post pics / videos of recoveries involving a fatality.. 

Anyone else feel this way? Am I right or wrong??

I usually take pictures, usually minimal, and nothing that would show any bodies, etc.  But they are kept for internal use, and sometimes for billing purposes, etc.

Recently we have had someone complain that we posted a picture of their crash on our facebook page.  There was nothing graphic posted at all, at it was NOT a fatality.   They politely asked that we remove the picture, so I did. 

• Like 1

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I worded that a bit wrong. I too often take pics of my jobs ( not as often as I should ) including fatal mva's But I will never post or display any involving a fatality or crime publicly. 

I would have handled the situation you had with your customer regarding pics of their wrecked car in the same fashion. If anyone asks me to remove a pic of their wreck I would do so too. 

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE