Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Boiler lift and set

Topic Originally Created by IBuyToys in July of 2007:

This was a new boiler unit weighing approx. 9t that we lifted off the flatrack trailer and set into place under the covered awning area.

IBT070707A.jpg.6f5d44c19da94fcf91ebdc750d1b26fd.jpg

IBT070707B.jpg.92a1abf450309132d0f2d4dfc6017eac.jpg

IBT070707C.jpg.2f146d6b7a8a1e304a8894c217fc28de.jpg

My camera person had to leave after this shot to run another call but from this position set the unit on the ground I moved the truck over to align myself with the hole in the fenced area. I re-rigged using one main winch line and one aux. winch line and spun the unit so it was inline with my boom, using the boom as a spreader bar.

The height was an issue getting it under the eve, being that the concrete slab was raised about 6", so after some rigging adjustments it squeezed in there with about an inch clearance on the top of the boom and the bottom of the unit.

I picked up my outriggers and with the unit suspended hanging off the boom, I backed through the hole to get it close, and used the slide function on the NRC to set it on the mark.

BigWheelRecovery said:

I really like that 40 ton slider that to me is the perfect tater not nocking my miller but that 40 ton slider will put that 60 ton in its place .by far.

d66e94b8394f8b0e098ffb1baf38f9b0d701d13d

TOwBoY88 said:

Nice pics...great truck...good job.