Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Memories....

EdsTowing

I picked up some Take Out last night and when heading home, I saw this old girl sitting in the bushes....

20210914_185409.thumb.jpg.e1628bd086231199cbf64d957e22ea14.jpg

I started driving wrecker in 1983 and this is one of the 1st projects I worked on. Oshkosh with a Silent Hoist crane. It came out of a Navel Yard and was all yellow...VERY yellow...LoL It had a Continental gas job in it that we removed and installed a 290 Cummings and a 10 speed. It was All Wheel Drive so not a "speed demon" but I don't think you would want to go fast in it. We used it on a lot of wrecks. Mechanical Lift & Swing, Hydraulic boom extension...hydraulic outriggers to extend but manual cranks to put them down. It was a beast of a truck...around 70,000 lbs as I recall.

FB_IMG_1628124099974.jpg.4977cdbb975eb1f981519cb748339e16.jpg

You can see the boom in this pic. A loaded tri-axle fell in to a sink hole.   

• Like 1