Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

I hate a hd club who won't pay their bills!!!

TowZone

01-28-2014: MrsHook Wrote,

Customer calls ... we jump ... we provide great service ... and then we gotta hire someone to chase the money all because of a few deadbeats.  Don't like high towing bills?  Pay your bill as quickly as you expect service .... towing companies' overhead will go down tremendously and we'll all benefit!!

If a particular HD club (who claims they aren't a club, but their actions speak louder than words) doesn't pay me tomorrow - I will post the details tomorrow and every week thereafter until I am finally paid in full.  Done playing your silly little games.

Miracle1 said:

It's now yesterdays  tomorrow lol ...who is it please and details? Got a pretty good ideal which one but I'll skip guessing and wait on you to tell us...

MrsHook said:

Towed a tractor on 11/25. On 11/30 I was told that the ticket had been "uploaded and approved" and I would be paid via credit card within 14 days. Yesterday I'm told that it was sent to accounting, and only accounting can tell me the status of payment - I'll have to leave them a message. I call accounting today and I'm told that I'm set to be paid Friday (1/31). I asked since it's been 60 days, can she run get a credit card so we can settle up right now? I'm on hold.... Ah. Credit card has now been sent via email. Thank you.

When I asked her why this took so long, she tells me the ticket fell through the cracks. When I asked why she told me I'd get paid Friday when she was obviously able to get it done now, she tells me they batch out on Tuesday and Thursday and today is Wednesday. I point out that there have been a lot of Tuesdays and Thursdays since November 2013, and ask why was I set to batch tomorrow? She tells me because I fell through the cracks. So why didn't you immediately send the cc today, instead of my having to ask? Because we batch on Tuesday and Thursday. ... WOW ... I cannot begin to explain to you how informative this conversation has been.

TTN Fleet Solutions (formerly known as The Towing Network): I don't know whether we will continue to do the occasional call for you. That's not my decision to make. If we do, I will be sure to act diligently in an effort to ensure that I don't fall through the cracks.

Folks complaining about towing companies charging extra for office/administrative time....their complaints are misdirected.

NationalAutow said:

Motor clubs scream for low prices. They try and tell you that it doesn't cost what it does to do business. They never care about the added expenses of having YOUR money sit out there or YOUR costs of collection due to THEIR procedures.

I'm not in the heavy game but it sounds like these folks are related to other scummy motor clubs that we all know of.

Glad to hear you finally got paid. I wonder how much profit you estimated when you took the call versus how much you actually made after interest and admin expenses etc.? I do not expect an answer as that is really private info. I just thought I would pose the question to make the point.

Blackautoload said:

Sounds like a typical 3rd party.... push out payment as long as they can. There is no incentive for prompt payment. Anyone do: Charge $25-50 extra, and mail out a refund check if paid within X amt of days ?

Street Jesus said:

Nope, but when I quote a price on a club tow it's always my private rate +15%. On some tows that covers the extra aggravation and billing issues, on others it's just extra money.

Stpdrp said:

Sounds like the motor clubs are trying to dictate cheap prices, pretty similar to how insurance companies are in the body shop industry. Both body shops and towing companies need to take their respective industries back.

SHERIDAN said:

If you do a job that was a police tow and the trucking company that refers you to TTN for payment, make sure they understand that the call was from law enforcement or they will steal 10% for a handing fee that they did not call you to do.

Langleytowing said:

did a call for these SOB the other day and their bill was 750.00 and they inform me they will only pay me 350.00 and i tell them thats not an option so then i get a supervisor and he tells me that i need to send him pictures of my trucks out there at the scene in order to get paid. so all i can say is one of these days the TTN will call me again and i will not unhook until bill is paid in full by comcheck, tch, ect... i will not for get this ever. we as towers have to stick together and not let these SOB get by with this. im trying to get paid from the trucking company now. if that dont work i will turn it over to the states attorney here.

KOENIGS said:

We made the mistake of not getting a CC up front from a HD / MC the other day on a Winchout. They fought tooth and nail to pay Anything, and ended up paying 1/3. Like I told them, yall better start off your conversations in the future with Hi, this is ***** from ***** and here is our CC #, we have a truck down @ and request your assistance. These clowns NEVER had ANY intention of paying our rates. They wanted the service done so they held all the cards.

Make Sure you get ALL Info. a Pic of the drivers DL, VIN, Truck #, Trailer #, both license plates, and anything else you can get. Pictures Pictures Pictures.

Archived