Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

On Your Side: 82-year-old woman stranded for 12 hours needing a tow

TowNews

I'm so embarassed for the autoclub to have not been able to serve one of their "Golden Member", and I'm hoping they make a thorough investigation into the details why this member was left stranded on the highway ... so much for peace of mind. There are so many questions to be answered. I know that Lemore is in the rural part of California, so finding a available tow company could be a needle in that haystack finding. But, why didn't the club's dispatch do followup calls? What ball was dropped?

But, somewhere ... I don't understand how the member or her adult son didn't consider calling 911 or the CHP to explain their situation? A bit of common sense goes a long way and possibly would have sped up the process in-getting a tow truck to her location especially when that club call turns into a CHP request for service.

None the less, this rare occurrance shouldn't be over-looked and the processes need to be revised and made better. This shouldn't have happened.    R.

Randall C. Resch