Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not loggedΒ in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down - 07.29.21 (CO) UPDATED 08.01.21

Tow Truck Driver Hit, Killed On I-25 SB Near Castle Pines Pkwy

Β 

dave-meyer.jpg

Β 

CASTLE ROCK, Colo. (CBS4) – A tow truck worker was hit and killed by a driver on Thursday night along Interstate 25 in Castle Rock. Colorado State Patrol responded to the crash around 9:12 p.m. in the southbound lanes just before the Castle Pines Parkway exit.

Β 

Troopers say the tow truck driver was hit on the side of the road, possibly while assisting or towing a vehicle.

Β 

The driver who hit the man stayed at the scene, according to CSP.

Β 

Three lanes of southbound traffic are closed while CSP investigates the crash. Investigators have not said if the driver will face charges.

Β 

RESOURCE LINK with video

Β 

UPDATED:

CASTLE PINES, Colo. (KRDO) -- A tow truck driver from Colorado Springs died after being hit by a car Thursday.

Β 

Colorado State Patrol says 30-year-old David Meyer was recovering a vehicle on the left-hand shoulder in the southbound lanes of I-25 near Castle Pines at 9:08 p.m. That's when a 2019 Dodge Ram, driven by a 30-year-old woman from Pueblo, hit Meyer.

Β 

CSP confirmed Meyer died after being hit. The driver wasn't injured and stayed at the scene.

Β 

Meyer worked for Bears Towing. Friday, Bears Towing is holding a small get-together to remember Meyer at 7:30 p.m. at 7470 Southmoor Drive in Fountain.

Β 

Bears Towing said there will be a procession for Meyer Saturday.

Β 

According to CSP, speed, alcohol, or drugs are not considered factors in the crash, but the investigation is ongoing.

Β 

RESOURCE LINK

Β 

Β 

Tow truck driver remembered in Fountain after being hit by a car on I-25

https://www.fox21news.com/top-stories/tow-truck-driver-remembered-in-fountain-after-being-hit-by-a-car-on-i-25/

Β 

Β 

Β