Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

2 accidents, closing 2 major highways, in less than 12 hours

Monday 3-12-18 @540pm The first accident came in via PSP requesting 3 trucks for 3 vehicles that were "pretty smashed up". We dispatched 2 rollbacks and 1 wrecker. After having to run the shoulder for about a mile, we arrive to find a tractor trailer had used 5 vehicles to come to a stop. I'm not going to post pictures since a lawsuit has been started. We ended up getting all 5 cars, while the tractor trailer was towed by another company. 

Tuesday 3-13-18 @550am I receive a call form the night dispatcher requesting help for a 3 car accident that is closing all lanes of the highway. Psp to her that since the highway was closed we needed to enter the highway and the exit after the accident and come up the wrong way. I got to the shop, got a rollback (I wasn't on call) and got to the scene to find 1 car on the left lane jersey wall, the s10 in the middle lane, and the 3rd car against the right lane jersey wall. I loaded up the s10 and the left lane car, and my second guy got the right lane car.

20180313_065425.md.jpg

20180313_065446.md.jpg

20180313_065518.md.jpg

20180313_065458.md.jpg

I love running the shoulder or hopping over the double yellow when safe. I just never could understand when I'm going down the shoulder 4 ways going and beacons lit how many cars would try to cut me off in the shoulder. I'm not going fast either maybe 15-25 just in case but people up here would act as they are the PD.

Yes, the number of drivers that attempt to block the e-lane when your in it with lights on has been increasing over the years. People the longer it take police ems fire and yes tow trucks to reach the scene the longer you are going to be waiting. Been there numerous times, trying to get by, bridges and guard rails are challenging enough. Nowadays we just have them shut the entire roadway down and come the wrong way. Ridiculous...

Archived