Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

The Man Who Sold Hot Dogs…

This is one of my favorites and it seems appropriate as a high volume business returns.

hotdogs.jpg

There was a man who lived by the side of the road and sold hot dogs.

He was hard of hearing, so he had no radio.

He had trouble with his eyes, so he read no newspapers and of course he didn't look at television, but he sold good hot dogs.

He put up signs on the highway telling how good they were. His favorite cry was "Buy a hot dog mister, they're the best in town".

And people bought. He had a good product and he liked his customers.

Business was going well, so he increased his orders for buns and meat.

He even thought about buying a bigger stove.

Business continued to expand, so much so that he got his son home from university to help.

But then something happened...

"Dad," said the son, "haven't you been reading the papers or listening to the radio or watching the television, don't you know about the recession coming, The economy is in a mess.

The son continued, "you'll have to cut down on orders and forget about the new oven and extra advertising signs ".

So, the father said, "my son knows these things, he's been to college. I will follow his advice and won't bother standing out by the side of the road. Maybe I should tell all my friends about this"

And guess what? ... His hot dog sales fell away dramatically.

Whilst alarmed about these events, the old man took great comfort in knowing that his son would go far in life. After all, business fell away just as he had predicted and the recession had certainly started.

The sequel?

One day the man was met by his friend. His friend said, “How’s the hot dog business?”

The sad, poor man looked at him with longing eyes, and replied, “No the recession killed my business!”

“No!” replied his friend, “Negative thought killed your business!”

And his friend helped him set up his hot dog signs by the highway again, and the man was once again telling his customers about his product, and…

And people bought. He had a good product and he liked his customers.

Business was going well, he increased his orders for buns and meat.

His thought's were once again  about buying a bigger stove.

Business continued to expand, so much so that he got his son into the business – so he could really learn.

• Like 2