Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Fleetnet?

TowZone

08-25-2007: Prohook said:

how are they to work with ? just think of giving them a chance

Bodysoother said:

Been with them about 10 years, no problems that I can remember.

AB TWG n REC said:

We haven't had any problems with them.

Jerrys Road Service said:

Great just want MORE ill take all i can get

Prohook said:

thanks to all they sure act like pros on the phone so far so good

CBdancer said:

I am thinking of signing up for Fleet-Net on the heavy side
just want some pros and cons and any advice in dealing with them
Thanks, George
wreckmaster#010474
advancedsig.jpg

Myerstowing said:
We were doing good with them for a while until one night we sat on the side of the road until 2am waiting for fedex to send a truck to pick up their trailer and a dispatcher yelled at my driver because he wasnt on scene. We had the fedex driver waiting with us talk to them and tell them we were on scene. Long, long story short my driver said he wanted nothing to do with fleetnet again and we never recieved a call again. It is a good contract to have and we are trying to get it back.

capptow said:
never had any problems with fleetnet. could use more calls but hey couldn't we all.

JerrysGarage said:
Never had a problem with Fleet Net, I am on the 21 day pay cycle and get a E Mail with CC information.
I have done some Light Duty stuff for them but not very many.
I will say this by having been to their Head Quarters, there IS NOT a tow truck or service truck in there yard, they own NONE.
Jerry

Tommies said:
If you are in the Heavy Duty Business like myself, you can't afford not to be part of the awesome team of FleetNet America! Call me if you have a questions: 843-909-3100. Thanks, Nate Bristow

Oldwinch said:
good people!

tteck151 said:
Very good company to work with, only had trouble one time and we gave them a discount but they were on the lossing end too. You can pick how fast you want to get paid byt how much percentage you are will to give them for the call. We get paid within 21 days for 5%. You can negotiate the rates they will accept. We do LD, MD, HD and service calls.
Very good company to work with, only had trouble one time and we gave them a discount but they were on the lossing end too. You can pick how fast you want to get paid byt how much percentage you are will to give them for the call. We get paid within 21 days for 5%. You can negotiate the rates they will accept. We do LD, MD, HD and service calls.

Da Wash Boss said:

We do a lot of work for them. They pay very well never a problem with them. Get paid within 24 hours in most cases by credit card.  They take 2.5% but paid in full in 24 hours.  No complaints with them.

Danny Cassello - TRPC "EST 1963"

TRUCKWASHING@aol.com
East Hartford, CT Cell 860-878-8509

Modern Garage said:

I also do a good amount of calls for them, mostly heavy roadservice. They pay very well and like Danny said if you fax the invoices as soon as your done uasually they email you a credit card # within 24 hrs. No complaints at all.

ReliableRiadside said:

I can't say which side of the fence I am on.  Sometimes calls go smooth and everything is peachy, other calls not so good.  I would say which times at what they are I value any work we get.  The only thing that plan sucks is they take 8% for paying me.  Its suppose to be 3 days takes more like 5-7 but still.  It don't seem like much but really when they want used or retread tires which has not much mark up or parts add in 8 %fleet net fee and 3% credit card fee its a 11% pinch and they always bust my balls about sales tax saying they are exempt!! I don't know how? I mount a new tire on a family dollar trailer and they say they are tax exempt because they are out of state, yet when I INSTALLED the tires they are in my state lol. Bottom line im a vendor and happy but call volume is VERY low maybe 1 a month? Again I don't have any towing for Heavy Duty so I only get service calls and have no input about towing.

My .02 Sign up with them! BUT if your in AZ don't hahaha

jayman306 said:

are they reliable? do they give u a decent amount of work? do they pay?etc?anything i forgot to ask please fill me in.

jerrys garage said:

Myself I would take 20 calls a day and not worry.  Very good people to work for.  Also they do not own any tow trucks or service trucks.

pdaadyvr6 said:

I have always heard they are very good at what they do.  I would love to find out myself but in 2 years of business now only two calls, both in the middle of the night, both payed as promised in contract.............. called and talked to them but was told too many providers in my area, damb it! lol 

Timstruckservice said:

We've done work for them for over 15 Yrs. .... Years ago we had @ a 100 mile stretch on the Interstate where we were called First for anything that Broke Down, Now Years later as more people have gone into Business & became vendors for them - our service area is down to @ 20 mile stretch. They are very good to work for, Payment has never been an issue. Their Preferred Vendor Program does NOT Guarantee you will be called first - Depending on how you sign up on this Program it get's you paid faster. We elected to do the 7% deal where they Guarantee Payment to you within 14 day's and they keep 7% of the Invoice. ( You just set your rates 7% higher than you normally would & they get their 7% & you get your normal Rates, but they rarely get me the Payment info within the 14 day's ... It usually takes @ 16 - 20 day's to get the e-mail for payment ). I'm not knocking them ..... they are very good to work for, I used to run calls back in the 80's for another company I worked for back then & Fleetnet was called Carolina Breakdown back then. They have been around since before me & I've been in this Business for over 25 Yrs.
37e15a5cc2fbea6e04f06b18049fb0958983f8f.

Jayman306 said:
great info thanks guys.. paperwork will be sent in on Monday

rotator60 said:
The major problem I had with Fleetnet was that their "markup" on my invoice that they presented to the customer was quite high..therefor on several occasions the customer that was towed called back after they recieved the invoice from Fleetnet and expressed their displeasure at the cost of the tow...I had these customers fax me a copy of these invoices and I compared them to the invoice that I presented to Fleetnet and I seen markups from 25% to 45%..To me that was unacceptable..I talked to Fleetnet about this but they were not interested nor did they seem concerned that I..being the towing provider..that was seen by the customer..is the one that is seen as overcharging them..

Randall L Dawson said:
I have never had a complaint about FleetNet America marking up an invoice in my 34 years of doing business with them. Mr. Oren Summer ,the founder , is a top shelf,stand up guy and his right hand Towing program guru , James Williams, was inducted into the towing hall of fame. If you call 800-972-8872 and ask to speak with James about your concerns,I believe he will check them out. My understanding is they send the end user my invoice as is and charge their client a flat fee bill per call regardless of my invoice total. Randy.

rotator60 said:

Hello Randy..I am no longer in the towing business..got out in May of 2010...I trust you are correct with your facts..no doubt things have changed since I left the business..I am glad to hear things are being run in the manner you describe..But trust me when I say the scenario I described in my response is a true statement and it did occur just like I desribed...This actually took place several years ago so I probably should have kept my comments to myself seeing as a good bit of time has gone by..Fleetnet was a great customer and I enjoyed doing work for them and other than the above situation we had a great working relationship..I do believe in the end my supervisor worked out the problem with all that were involved..and when I left my employer we were still doing quite a bit of Fleetnets work...Thank you Scott..

Archived