Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tesla Towing procedure PDF files

Rate this topic

ESC

We have been towing for Tesla for a while now, and they provide us with only manuals for towing procedures for the Tesla models that really come in handy.  I figured some of you might want that info.  Don't be intimidated by a Tesla, towing them is pretty easy.  Dealing with the owners of the vehicles on the other hand, that can take a pit of patients.   Charge accordingly!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_QYILiBIslrV3ZCTnRGOW1SOFk

• Like 2

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

1 hour ago, Louwo said:

That's great. Ty very much. It's only in time when we will come across one here. Towed a few but for 2 flat tires. Drives like a electric forklift just faster.

The manuals are nice because of the little tricks that the Teslas hide.  The most common reasons that we have towed them is dead battery, or flat tires.   The process of getting to the battery when the car is dead is a pain without knowing the little tricks from the manual.  Also the Jack mode that uses the cas touch screen comes in handy to raise the clearance for loading.  I am actually working now to print these and put them in binders in our trucks for our guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Very informative stuff, I wish all vehicles were as tower friendly. I do love how all of the provider manuals have directions to wheel lift and dolly the car, but the owners manual says flatbed only. I'm sure that's going to cause many a headache for towers.

30 minutes ago, dperone said:

Very informative stuff, I wish all vehicles were as tower friendly. I do love how all of the provider manuals have directions to wheel lift and dolly the car, but the owners manual says flatbed only. I'm sure that's going to cause many a headache for towers.

I was really impressed when we setup with Tesla.  They sent these files over to us and it makes things so easy.  I printed them and put them in a binder in each truck so we have easy access to the info.  The dolly instructions are great to be able to show the vehicle owner that it is ok to do.  Honestly, they are easier to just wheel lift and dolly in my opinion.  Id rather not have to dig into the battery and power them up and all, it seems like a waste of time to me.  Many of the Tesla owners have had an "assistant" or someone meet us with the vehicle.  But the owners are more trouble than the car for sure.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...