Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

“Slammed”

Nice work! I had an Audi that was slammed like that one time, and we got called out by the Police to tow it. They had arrested the guy for some reason, so when I got there this thing was in the middle of the road, and sitting on the ground. One of the airlines going to the airbags was rubbed through at the front wheel, and the car dropped down and he could not drive it. The subframe was actually scraping the road and all four tires did not turn, because they were scraping the body. It was one of those calls that I felt like going Home! We tried to air it up, but the leak was too big for the compressor to keep up. I tried to fix the leak with rescue tape, but I couldn't get my hand in there good enough to fix it. The police man was there, and he said do whatever I need to to get it loaded, so I just used skates and boards and eventually got it loaded. Then when I got back to the shop, I hooked shop air up to his air tank, and that could keep after the leak long enough to get a jack underneath. I took the tire off, and repaired the leak and unloaded it with no further issues.