Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Radio Advertising?

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 by hookedontowing on Tow411 bin March of 2010:

Looking to do some radio commercials...Does anybody have any funny ideas, or anything that would attract some attention a little more.

annettemcd said:

We occasionally do some radio commercials which are made up by a local station as short public service type announcements with our company's name associated with it. For example, in May, congratulating graduates, urging cautious driving after prom and graduation parties, and then giving a plug for our company.

I am not sure how effective radio commercials would be unless they were frequent enough and/or catchy enough that when someone did need your services, they would remember enough to be able to contact you. It is not like you can hope to convince them to get their vehicle towed when they hear your ad because they happen to need a tow just then.

sigannettemcd.gif.87e600d93870a02bd2f2a2edcb30717f.gif

Blue Stripe said:

Radio is one of the most expensive media you could advertise on, and to be effective, you need repetition!  Plan on running a spot at least 3 times a day minimum to have any effect, and usually you don't notice a return until you're running it 10x per day.  Keep in mind, ads can be $1 each up to $100.  All depends on the station's ratings, target audience, when it runs, and how many you're buying. 

I use to buy radio advertising for a car dealership I managed, and we spent a fortune ($5000+ per month) and I honestly don't think it was worth it. 

Chris Flynn, WM 091008
Boardman Towing & Recovery