Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

5th Year Memorial for Roger Perez-Borroto on Sat. 13th in Tampa/St. Pete Area

nattow

When: Saturday, Feb 13, 2021, at 5 p.m. — 9 p.m. (approximate)

Where: The east (driving from Pinellas County to Tampa) end of the Howard Franklin bridge (I-275)

What: We are gathering for a “Light-Up” in honor of Roger Perez-Borroto

This is the 5th anniversary of Roger Perez-Borroto being hit and killed in the line of duty while loading a vehicle. He was struck by a hit-and-run driver.

There will be plenty of traffic for a visual.

For those coming from Hillsbrough County, Tampa area, go south (some call it west) you will have to cross the bridge and exit onto Ulmerton Rd. (688), the 1st exit, and then do a u-turn going back to Tampa.

For those coming from the Pinellas side, get onto the bridge going to Tampa. As you cross the bridge stay in the right lane and just after you get to the end and the grass starts, turn into the first cut to get onto the service road. This comes up quickly.

It would be a nice touch as you are arriving and cross over the “hump” of the bridge, that you light-up your truck and lay on your horns. About half-way between the end of the “hump” and the end of the bridge you will pass where Roger lost his life.

In 2016 in Hillsbourgh County, Fla. (Tampa Bay area) we lost thee of our tow brothers. Roger was the first tow truck operator hit and killed in the line of duty that year. Then, Troy Mcguire, October 9 on I-75, and Danny Hand, November 27 at the on-ramp of Flower Ave. at I-275.

All of these drivers did not slow down or move over. One was DUI. Had these three individuals at least obeyed the “slow down move over” law, the families would still have their fathers, sons, uncles, brothers …

Let’s come together, Feb 13, 2021, to honor the memory of Roger Perez-Borroto. Let’s let him see our lights and hear our horns and let him and his family know that he will never be forgotten.

Everyone who has tow flags, posters and banners please bring them.

Please wear a face covering and practice social distancing.

Everyone please call, text and email to spread word of the event.

Any questions please call Ginger Darling 727-444-3911 (do not text to this number) or text me at 727-410-2911.