Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Run away Silverado-recovery

Just wanted to cover this subject here.   It will be the topic of our weekly safety meeting.

Today we recieved a call to recover a pickup truck that was in the rear of a residence against an above ground pool. I decided to take our Jerr Dan Cougar as it was unclear from the customer how far off the driveway it was.

So, once I arrived, the customer told me the details: the truck would not start, they called for a tow, a wheelift arrived, hooked up, ( obviously, NO SAFETY CHAINS) then proceeded out of the driveway.  There is a continuous 10° grade uphill & when the wheelift crested the grade, the Silverado got loose, careened down the driveway backwards, hit & totaled 1 car, narrowly missed the heat pump & electric service to the house & ended up approximately 135 feet in the rear of the home.  Had it no hit the pool frame, it would have continued into the woods

Thank God no one was in the driveway or the backyard of the home. No photos of the recovery, but I felt it was worth mentioning here so that other "towers" would consider this when practicing "hook & book"

IMG953791.jpg

IMG953779.jpg

IMG953778.jpg