Quantcast
  • Come join the TowForce community.

Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Max force

James Marshall

The problem with those engines was poor design due to rush to keep up with complicated emission standards.Its very hard to diagnose and requires rediculously expensive diagnostic equipment that nobody wants to waste money on. If you dont have somebody experienced to work on it stay away.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

I Agree 100% with kjband13oc. The first gen Maxx force was a horribly failed attempt at pleasing the EPA..similar to the first gen Cat ACERT engines  They are very complicated, poorly engineered, ridiculously unreliable and gutless as far as power. There is even an International dealership not far from me here that wont even touch them. 

Unless you or someone you know knows those engines and all the associated emissions crap bolted on it intimately, they are a real pain to deal with. 

I consider myself a pretty good diesel tech ( I have an ASE ) and I avoid them like the plauge.

Although I am sure the price on the truck is real enticing, I would pass on it if I were you Sir. 

There is nothing worse in my opinion then breaking down in the middle of a tow.. (assuming this is a tow truck we are talking about )

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE