Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Let's break some stuff!

TowForce

Personally, I have always felt that Collins dollies were by far superior to In the ditch set ups.. I have owned and used both and although I have never "tested" them to that degree, The few times that I have had failures were with the In the ditch brand I had. In the ditch seemed to require alot more attention and maintenance throughout their life as well.

• Like 1

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Were back here again🙂 I have 4 sets of dollies. My In The Ditch dollies have over 100k on them almost no maintenance. Collins I borrow occasionally are about 8yrs old also no problems They both have things that I like and dislike. I use dollies every single day this was not a good real life demonstration.Use dollies the way manufacturer tells you to and keep greased at proper intervals ,check air in tires they will be relatively trouble free.

IMG_20210115_165927537.jpg

IMG_20201224_141232756.jpg

IMG_20201224_141219576.jpg

IMG_20210108_162953441.jpg

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

Good video, thanks for posting.  I had done some homework when I was buying my dollies and went with the Collins due to the extra weight capacity and I am happy with them.  The only downside is they are a bit heavy but I will live with that for the added security of the weight capacity.

This confirms to me that I made the right choice

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will ...

I have been using ITD for years with no problem. When I first looked at them, I found them far superior to the Collins I had been around. Having said that, since ITD came out, Collins has really upped their game and updated their design.

Today, we have several choices, and many good features with both brands. It seems to me that the competition has been good for our industry.

• Like 1

Light duty towing & recovery in Whitehall MT since 1980.

ITD has 2 moving parts  pivot and locking pin    Collins has more parts in winter that get full of ice and snow.I do like ratchet feature. The ones that handle heavier loads are also alot heavier at 3 oclock in the morning.No matter what brand it is.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811