Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

TowTimes.com - Run-of-the-Mill

TowTimes

From the Blog of Geri Roskoph:

As I was reading an article on how to recognize a professional tow operator, I was struck with what I thought was an oxymoron: “Your everyday, run-of-the-mill tow operator, above all else, is a professional, and treats you with respect.”

I was curious of the exact definition of “run-of-the-mill,” because the way it was used in the sentence just didn’t sit right with me. The definition of something that is run-of-the-mill is a common, everyday, ordinary item that doesn’t stand out from the rest. Something or someone who is run-of-the-mill is probably not notable. For me, that does not describe professional tow operators — they definitely are not ordinary, or not notable.

The towing and recovery profession has always had to educate the public about who and what a professional tow operator really is; they are trained, qualified, experienced and competent men and women. The public has to also realize that while a tow operator may start the day with a clean uniform, at the end of a long, hard day or recovery, it can get pretty dirty. It’s all part of the job, and doesn’t mean they don’t care, or are sloppy.

Whether you call yourself a wrecker driver, tow truck driver or tow operator, and you provide a helpful and professional service for all clients, in my book you are definitely not a run-of-the-mill driver or operator, and, above all else, you are a professional.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Towtimes/~4/qc1c_nXpGig

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• Like 1