Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Still has that "New car smell"..

Took a call from the county dispatch tonight for a vehicle that "left the roadway and slid into a yard" on a back country road. On arrival, I found this 5 day old 2020 Audi A3 about 75' into a field, slammed into a row of pine trees. The car left the road on a sharp bend, aproximately 150' off the other way, Just missing a utility pole and another row of pines. It then spun through some open field before crashing drivers side first into the second pine row. The left front ball joint was snapped and the wheel assembly was wrapped around a tree. The rear wheel was bent inwards and the tree it hit was broken at the ground, under the car.  I decided to attack from the shorter distanced side along the tree line to prevent causing further damage to the property and prevent putting my truck in the tight space between the pole and first row of trees where the car went in. After backing up close to the edge of the slight ditch, I stretched my deck across the ditch to the yard and ran my line to the front of the car and pulled it forward a couple feet to dislodge the front wheel and also get the rear wheel to clear the broken stump. I then rigged to the rear wheel and using the tree at the front of the car,  I "pivoted" the car around backwards and away from the pine row. From there I reeled it in and up the deck. As I walked the scene picking up all the debris, The deputy informed me that the driver was going with him for dwi.. He also told me that the driver had just purchased the car 5 days ago.  The pictures with the arrow signs is the point where the car went in. The last pic with my truck out behind the trees looks out the direction from where I recovered the car from. Sorry for the poor quality pics. I was trying to work quickly. It is around 12 degrees out.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0719 (1).jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

• Like 2

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

1 hour ago, Kjband13oc said:

12 degrees and snow Im jealous havent had money making snow in 3 years.Oh yea  nice job.🙁

Lol. I know how that is for you. I grew up on L.I. and remember how finkled winters could be there.

The roads here are actually clear. We havent had any precipitation in about 10 days. Just been super cold and the fields and such are still covered with frozen snow and ice. This particular inebriated driver was going waaay too fast for the country road he was on and ran out of talent when the road took a sharp right turn.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE