Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Just a pick up truck.....

So... A friend of a friend calls me the other day and asks if I would do him a big favor and tow his Ford pickup to his house for him. He states that something is amiss in the rear end or driveshaft. There is no particular rush as it is safe in a parking lot at a local grocery store. "Just grab it on your way through when ever you can" He asks. 

This is what I come across when I pass through.... Needless to say, I passed on doing this particular "favor for a buddy"...

IMG_0608.jpg

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

LMAO..... So, the plot thickens....

He ended up calling one of the local fly-by-night, bozo companies who apparently tried in vain to load it on a F550 roll back, but after calling in a wrecker to assist with loading it because it kept stalling his winch, the clowns then couldnt close the deck up without taking the front wheels of it off the ground. I am told they tried picking it in the wheel lift of the L.D. wrecker also, but that didnt pan out either.. So, the "pickup" owner ended up biting the bullet and called The other reputable towing company in town who happens to be friends of mine. They went and got it with his medium duty Peterbilt roll back. According to the rear suspension air gauges on that tow truck and a quick bit of math figures that F350 "pickup" weighed in around 13,500 LBS....

The pinion is sheared off in the rear I am told... I cant fathom why that is....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stubborn66 said:

We are always everybody friend when they need something

AMEN to that !!!! Lol.

To this day, I get at least 1 call a week from some bozo asking for "Jack " or Mr. Ryan ( the founding owner of my business ) because they are "good friends" and he always gives them a discount on towing.... I then have to inform them that their "good friend" hasnt owned or had anything to do with this business in over 20 years and he passed on about 11 years ago...  Guess they missed the funeral... 

Then theres the real smooth ones that simply ask for Ryan. When I say there is no one named Ryan and then they are like, "The owner..... His name is Ryan, right?... I forget his last name but we go way back".......