Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

When was the last time you saw one of these??

Picked this "Vintage" Dodge Dynasty up for a customer this evening after it died in the middle of nowhere on him. When the customer called, I was having a hard time understanding him due to poor reception and all I could get was 93 dodge and a roundabout Idea of where he was.

Now, personally, I haven't seen one of these "K-cars" on the road since I was a teenager. I was really surprised to see what it was when I pulled up. It is probably one of the last ones somewhat road worthy in the north east region considering these things were complete turds that liked to randomly burst into flames way back when they were new. LMAO

IMG_0702.jpg

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

There's the convertible version at one of the lots I drop at.  Looks like it may have been someone's low-mile grandpa car, before it got crashed.. it looks like it went under a flatbed or something.  The windshield frame is completely flattened, highest point is hood/trunk area. : (  Oh, and I wasn't trying to be funny about the "convertible" thing - it was an actual ragtop car, fake woodie sides, etc. ugly as hell even when brand new.  I wanted to take a picture of it but I'm pretty sure it was from a fatal crash so I decided not to.

Richard

Edited by someotherplace

Seeing this car reminded me of the one and only car I lost off a roll back while loading ( Because of my negligence ) was a Plymouth Reliant way back in my rookie days. 

You guys may recall that the oval tow points in the front subframe on these turds were oddly wide. Well, I used an R-hook on my bridle in them for some ungodly reason ( give me a break, I was a rookie. LOL)  and halfway up the deck they decided they didnt want to stay in those big oval holes. And away she went.. 

Thankfully, nothing got hit and no one got hurt..

LESSON LEARNED...

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE