Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Jeep VS Pole

We got a accident call for a jeep that hit a pole. When I got there I found the pole totally snapped off, and the Jeep was perched on top of the about 1 ft section of pole that was still in the ground. The utility company was already there and they gave the ok for me to get it off. The guy there said the pole is not going to fall if I move the Jeep. So I talked with the officer on scene, and he said to get out of there if I feel comfortable doing so. So I hooked to the back, and it surprisingly  popped right off of there, and the pole didn't hardly budge. I cleaned up the pieces, and was on my way.

IMG_20201229_192255_5.thumb.jpg.3438888e26c26afe0c10190d43f3c8fa.jpg     

IMG_20201229_192315_4.thumb.jpg.80b3d38677a894f03b96c70ad34d7adc.jpg

IMG_20201229_192321_4.thumb.jpg.874cf82eef01969fe497a133a03af497.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work. 

Pole jobs have always given me the creeps. I wont go anywhere near it untill the utility company is on scene and verified that the power is off. 

I got into it once with one of those "holier than thou" types of state troopers who "demanded" I remove a car out from under a pole blocking a roadway. But I could visibly see a line arcing. at the junction. I told him if he didnt want to wait for NYSEG ( our utility co. ) then as soon as he goes over and lifts the wires off the car I would pull it out. Suddenly, he wasnt in such a rush to open the road.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE