Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

We have a ghost at our shop!!!!!

Tow411

MaterAndGhostlight.jpg

This Topic was Originally Created in February of 2005 by:

Jim at Preferred Towing & Recovery, Inc. Noblesville, IN

We have a ghost in our shop. I have never met him before, but I know his name. All of my employees know his name too. I wouldn’t have known his name, but each one of my employees has told me his name at one time or another. Our ghost’s name is Notme. How do I know that his name is Notme? Well I will tell you. Notme is a very mischievous ghost. He makes messes and looses stuff all the time. Just like last week, the shovel off truck 8 was missing. I asked Jon the driver of truck 8 who lost the shovel. “Notme” he said.

I can remember about a month ago I went to do a winch out with truck 1. Truck 1 is an International 4700 with dual winches and we normally have 2 snatch blocks on the truck, but one of them was missing. I asked Scott if he knew who lost the snatch block. “Notme” he said. I asked Thomas who lost the snatch block. “Notme” he said. I asked the new guy Steve if he knew who lost the snatch block. “Notme” he said. He’s new and he knows the name of our ghost already!

Notme is really starting to drive me crazy. I was walking through the shop yesterday and I noticed a J-hook and chain lying on the floor in the shop. Why would one of the J-hooks be off of one of the trucks? I know what it’s like to go out on a call and something is missing off the truck when you get there. It always makes me really mad to find something missing when I need it. I asked Larry, one of the mechanics if he knew who took it off the truck. He looked at me and said “Notme”. I even asked Shawn the other mechanic if he knew who took it off the truck. You can guess who he said did it. “Notme” he said.

Every time there is a mess that has been made somewhere around the shop guess who I find out made it. That’s right “Notme” made the mess. Guess who always has to clean it up. That’s right “Me” that’s who.

I guess I’m not the only one who has a ghost though. I was talking to a friend of mine who runs a towing company across town this morning. He has a ghost named “Ididntdoit”.

Do any of you have ghost’s in your shop too?

Oklatom said:

Mine is even worse. I go up a ladder with a screw driver I will need in my HAND, and when I get to the top, it's gone.

Most of the time I'm alone in the shop when it happens.

Or I will need one thing, one piece of hardware, and look everywhere. I go to the store, and of course there are 3 in the package. I use the one, and when I go to put the other 2 away for later, I find several packages of the same hardware that was NOT there when I looked the first time.

It's obvious NOTME moves things around.

Or perhaps he takes the original and leaves an exact duplicate?

Stevo said:

Ours is "Dont look at me"

Choice Towing & Recovery
Fredericksburg,Va
If you neeed help in our area just call...804-586-3343

Oklatom said:

I think he has a cousin named "Idonno" too.

In Memory of Eagletow who said:

Mine is ,"I DIDNT DO IT ".
So one week I made out one paycheck and left it on the table for Larry, Moe and Curley . It was made out to "I DIDN'T DO IT" . When they whined about where their check was I told them "Hey whenever I asked who did some thing the "new guy " was the one you all said so I just figured since he did everything he should be the only one to get a check .

pttowguy said:

OH this sounds sooo familiar!! He must be good though, he sure gets around fast!http://www.tow411.net/images/emoticoncussing.gif

pttowguysig.png.00d66a3e350e4df740bc2cffb1fdda64.png

Buddy Corgan said:

Around here they call him "It was like that when I got here". Sometimes he stops by my house too and takes all the spoons. My Dad actually knows his real name...it is Kevin. He is the one to fail to empty garbage, fix stuff around the house, shovel walk...all sorts of neglected duties are Kevin's resposibility. Never met him, but I see he gets around.
Peter

Towmaster B said:

Geez! These ghosts sure do get around! I have had all three of them here before. They all must haunt employees, because ever since I became a one man show, all the ghosts have left the area.

On a more serious note, I do believe I have a real ghost at my house. I have seen doors move by themselves, things falling off tables and shelves. T.V.'s that turn themselves on and off and also change the channel as if looking for a good show to watch. On numerous occasions my dog has barked and growled at nothing as if something was indeed there.

In Memory of Annonymoose who said:

To be real serious .
When we were in Detroit our one shop was huge and I was on a fire department that had a 1954 American LaFrance open cab fire truck in show room condition which they bought from Traverse City F.D. . They had no place to put it ,so I kept in my shop . We used it for parades and as a back up engine . It was a real cool truck to drive and use .

Real strange things happened the day we brought it over to the shop. Funny noises when no one was there in the shop ,things moved around the engine and talking coming from the back room . One night I was in the office alone and thought I saw someone walk past the door into the shop ,but it was dark so I discounted it as nothing ,but in the next couple days other people saw it too ,But Laura saw it as she came in one morning but when she saw it she thought it was someone from the department checking the truck because he was wearing turnout gear .When she asked who was in the shop I told her no one and we went in back ,of course no one was there . Laura described the guy as wearing a trun out coat with the old day boots ,hmmmm we dont wear those anymore we wear turnout coats and bunker pants with short boots ,hmmmm??????

Ok,so a week or so about 5 troopers were at the office one night ,late ,after a bad wreck and were doing up the report and warming up drinking coffee when one see's a figure walk past the window in the shop . He got up and asked who that was . We all went in and I saw him walk around the engine in the rear . we came around the truck from both sides but no one was there and there was no way anyone could get in or out without us seeing them .Wow,we were absolutely sure we all saw the figure moving that night .

The next day I called the Traverse City F.D. and talked to the Fire Chief . I asked him about the engine and if there was anything strange about it . He laughed and said I see you have met Roy ! Who da hell is Roy? It seems a fire fighter who was assigned to that engine in the early 60's was killed on duty while on a run with that truck and every so often he was seen (or thought to be seen )checking out his truck for the next run !!!
Well Roy was at a new station now and we kept on seeing him every so often untill the day the department sold the truck to a collector . For a minute in time I thought we all had lost our minds ,but like they say I guess truth is stranger than fiction .
"The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed."

Jim said:

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one with ghosts.

Jim
Preferred Towing & Recovery, Inc.
Noblesville, IN

In Memory of Annonymoose who said:

I aint afraid of no ghost http://www.tow411.net/images/emoticonnerves.gif

annettemcd said:

http://www.tow411.net/images/emoticonwow.gif Moose, that is some story!!!
I have only heard two other ghost stories like yours. One was a friend who was teaching in an Eskimo village. In the small villages there is a lot of visiting back and forth. She had something for a student and went to his house to deliver it. An older man answered the door and invited her in to warm up at the stove. She want in and talked to him for a while. Later she was talking to the student's mother and mentioned how she enjoyed talking to the old man. The mother looked at my friend and asked for a description of the man. Then the mother said that that was her father and he had died a few months before my friend had arrived in the village.

The other story is that there are two boats built for the local barge company in 1952. The two boats were tunnel-hulled steel boats replacing the old wooden-hulled sternwheeler. They were identical boats named the Yukon and the Tanana. The only difference was that the Tanana always had a moose rack mounted on the front of the pilot house. (She still does.) The Yukon was always said to be haunted. I am not sure why. In the 70's, the Yukon was out on the river when it caught on fire. No one ever determined the cause of the fire. While it was burning, the crew who was on shore were sure that they heard and saw the ghosts on board. The boat burned down to its hull and the ghosts burned with it.

annettemcdsig.gif.074676a1df51751e2449a80fa69b4818.gif

letsplay2 said:

I have one in our shop called "Idunno" and they are around every so often.

I laugh every so often when I hear it's name.
Devin

Unknown Member said:

This is almost the same as Personal Trucks v. Company Trucks.

I DUNNO and NOT ME work here too. . . http://www.tow411.net/images/emoticoncussing.gif

Ken said:

We have the ghost named, DON"T LOOK AT ME!

he gets around too, must be a family member to all the other ghost's. Ken.

Stevo said:

I wish our ghost would pick up a rag once in awhile,its funny how trucks get dirty even when everyone says they just cleaned them.

Choice Towing & Recovery
Fredericksburg,Va
If you need help in our area just call...804-586-3343

Timco said:

Mine was a female ghost. Her name was Ima. I had a salesman at the carlot who was always talking about her. As in ``I`ma gonna wash those cars tomorrow....or I`ma gonna sell that truck today.`` When I moved from that location, Ima & that salesman somehow got left behind.

• 4 weeks later...

We don't talk to George anymore and he doesn't show up as much. It all started with an old van we impounded. It was full of tools and when we scraped the van we kept the tools. Some of the tools come up missing only to be found either in the shop or out in the yard where the van sat for over a year. We began placing those tools in their own box and wrote George on the Lid. Sure wish he would do some work around here.