Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Hi, were to start.

Hi to all, I'm not new the industry.  I am however just not that experienced.  I know my common sense and practice will help me.  I pretty much grew up in a salvage yard.  Angelini & Groff.  My pop(grandpa)  and his brother started in umpteen years ago.  I rod around with him a couple years when I was a kid(around 5-7).  Best memories of my life pretty much.  This has been something I have always wanted to do. So I am doing it.  I have been in the auto industry all my life so far(43 now). Repair shops, body shops, transmission shops, dealers, and salvage yards.  At 25 I quit working for people.  I just don't get along.  And started my own repair shop.  It has been going alright, I just wanted something more.  A friend of the family who purchased a salvage yard(Gunzenhauser's) sold the yard and just towed.  He is now 82 and still towing.  He sold me his 79 f350 with a Holmes 1100 Trooper, and manual wheel lift, and his 89 dodge d350 Cummins with an original American Wheel lift system(Eagle Claw).  I do have a 1990 Weldbilt Ramrod II( its not mounted to anything at the moment).   That is me for now.  The were to start part.  Were would I find info on my Eagle claw, or ask about it.   I believe Miller won't have anything for what I need.  I need very specific info.  I have lots of accessories for mine.  It took me about an hour to figure out what they all went to.  Today by accident, I found the dang manual.  I am missing a set of forks, no biggie there, a wrench not at the moment.  The other piece I really want is the bumper outriggers, for side pulling.  Hopefully someone has one with this optioned.  Thanks all.