Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Truck on its side in a garage !

I got a call one day from a friend that has a local garage and he wanted me to come right down . When I got there I realized why he sounded a little stressed . An ear had broken off one of his lifts and a truck ended up on his side narrowly missing a mechanic . I wanted to winch it outside and roll it in the parking lot as it was very tight inside but he insisted on rolling it inside because it was on a very busy street and he wanted to keep the public viewing to a minimum . It was a little tight but it went right over no problem . We put the tires on it and winched it outside and loaded it . Anyone that has been in business for a while gets these calls and this was my 6th in 35 years . 

When those were popular, most pickups were single cab. The just do not have the reach to spread the weight out enough for a life in a crew cab. Und they do not always offer a great deal of flexibility when trying to engage the frame. Very lucky nobody was injured or killed. Those lift plates tend to have issues with cracking.

We had one at a dealership a year or so ago.  The frame was coated with a slippery rubber undercoating, paired with a large vehicle being on a medium duty lift and just the luck of a bad situation.  Lucky for us, the building was just large enough that we could get our wrecker in front of it.  It was a bit tricky as everything was wedged in there tight, and all of the corporate executives were standing there breathing down our necks the whole time.

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

IMG_3479.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

• 3 weeks later...

When front wheel drive cars first became popular ,we were good for 6-8 a year from shops not realizing how front heavy they were.Now we get one or two a year from oversize trucks people try to squash on lifts.

Kevin's American Towing Service
Ph: 631-654-8811

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived