Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow truck driver wins $325K lottery prize after stopping to fill up truck (MI)

TowZone

LANSING, MI -- Mark Maltz of Waterford simply stopped to fill up his work truck with gas last week when he decided to buy a lottery ticket. That one purchase kicked off a string of wins that culminated with a $325,184 win while playing the Fast Cash Jackpot Slots game from the Michigan Lottery.

"I work for a tow company and we stop at the BP to fill up our trucks," said the 42-year-old Maltz. "I was in the store on Friday after filling up my truck and I bought a scratch off and won $10. I decided I'd buy a Fast Cash ticket, and won $15. Then, I bought a $5 Fast Cash Black Jack ticket and the $10 Jackpot Slots Fast Cash ticket, and the rest is history.

"When I saw I was a winner, I started freaking out. I just kept thinking: 'I can't believe I just won!'"

Maltz bought his winning ticket at the BP gas station, located at 1516 Union Lake Road in Commerce Township. He visited Michigan Lottery headquarters in Lansing on Tuesday to claim his prize. He hasn't made any specific plans for his winnings, but says he knows he will invest it.

"I'm going to sit on this for a little while and decide how to best invest it and make it last me a long time," said Maltz. "I've dreamed about winning and thought: 'Just let me win big one time.' It's hard to believe it really happened."

http://www.mlive.com/lottery/index.ssf/2018/02/tow_truck_driver_wins_325k_lot.html

Archived