Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What model GoJak ?

BlackAutoload

Need to make up my mind on a set of Gojaks, but there are too many models. 

I want to stick with the name brand for easy parts in the future.

Primarily used for positioning wrecked cars inside of a smooth floor shop.

The thing is I might need it for a tahoe with 22" wheels, then use it on a lowered ricer next.

What model do you use?

4500/4520/5211/6313/7016 ?

Harbor Freight are similar to the ones labeled as Black Jack. They look just like the others, but you get what you pay for in this case. Keep in mind you have to maintain and care for these as much if not more any other piece of equipment you have on your truck. These type of coasters are often exposed to the elements which causes more issues then the use itself.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:04 AM, BlackAutoload said:

Need to make up my mind on a set of Gojaks, but there are too many models. 

I want to stick with the name brand for easy parts in the future.

Primarily used for positioning wrecked cars inside of a smooth floor shop.

The thing is I might need it for a tahoe with 22" wheels, then use it on a lowered ricer next.

What model do you use?

4500/4520/5211/6313/7016 ?

I've been using the 6300 series for many years and hardly ever came across anything they wouldn't fit, both in terms of tire width, and clearance under a low car.  For example I've even used them to pick up a dropped Honda that was so low I couldn't get my claws under it, so I popped it up with the gojaks and cribbed up the tires with my skates.

Now if you're concerned about tire width and you know you'll always be using them in a "calm" environment, in other words that nice smooth shop floor and not in a hurry out in some parking lot doing a PPI, you might consider the 4520's (a.k.a. "super slick gojak") as they will accommodate a much wider tire, insuring you won't get hosed with something that has crazy tires on it.  I don't think I would use them outside of a shop setting though as I'd be worried about smushing those smaller rollers.  The one big drawback to consider is they have a much lower load capacity than the 6300's - 4500 lbs vs. 6300 lbs., so that kind of rules out moving a big SUV around with them.

Richard

Archived