Quantcast
Louwo

6.7L oil leak

For any who have a 6.7L I came across somethimg that is common. The vaccume pump bolts come loose. At first I assumed it was the front crank seal but after aome reading and asking around I came to the conclusion that it was the vaccume coming loose.

Half day job to get to it and install a new gasket as well. There is so little room and so much stuff to work around in there. Overall still like this new motor at 90kaea2a8ffe13c4e4c1eca6e3151d8a12e.jpg727057b1f05f319290c06aef2d4d8632.jpg14defc43befcc3a2d1eba25624dd3487.jpg

Figure better to do in-house then let the truck sit a few days at the dealership. We did ponder that but it was not all that bad to do. Just put the time in and do it.

I 100% agree with in house. Ford pays roughly 50% of the labor on a warranty claim to the technician. How would you feel if just randomly you were paid half for a job? You have to be a very rare soul indeed to not let this effect your mental state.

I 100% agree with in house. Ford pays roughly 50% of the labor on a warranty claim to the technician. How would you feel if just randomly you were paid half for a job? You have to be a very rare soul indeed to not let this effect your mental state.
Exactly. We had a light day I can turn a wrench. Couple of bucks for a gasket we knew out truck would be on the road the same day.

On the other hand we had a egr code as well just recently a P04DB egr disconnected. CEL on and off code stored in memory. We dropped off for service and warranty changed the sensor since it's a long term issue and they extended the warranty period to 120k . One day in and out for that no cost.

Still with minimal issues I do like this 6.7 so far after the 7.3.

I think Ford finally got their act together with a good diesel engine. They lost a great deal of their market share with the 6.0 and 6.4. boat anchors engines.

Thanks for posting those detailed pictures. Your post was very informative.

I think Ford finally got their act together with a good diesel engine. They lost a great deal of their market share with the 6.0 and 6.4. boat anchors engines.
Thanks for posting those detailed pictures. Your post was very informative.
Your welcome. I agree 98k now and just had the egr sensor replaced a common problem as well. So common ford has extended the warranty 120k miles on this one code.

Feedback is key with anything. I agree with the boat anchors. They went on their own and the govt mandates did not help them with emissions. We have a 6.0 4wd in the yard awaiting a Cummins swap. Have the motor just need to get the kit just got to find the time.

Just had this problem on my 2016 F550 with around 56,000 miles on it, had the local Ford Dealer fix it replaced vacuum pump with gasket and new bolts comes in a kit and NO it's not covered on warranty they put my Vin # into Ford and shows not under any Ford warranty cost me $392.00 for the completed job.