Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Struck - 10.05.20 (TN)

TowNews

Here is what is known:

A driver with Prosser Towing, Shelbyville, TN. was responding to a stranded motorists on I-24 at the 99mm. He had pulled over to the side of the road (well off the roadway) got out of the tow truck and seen an 18 wheeler headed towards him. He ran to get out of the way, though his foot was run over and he has 4 broken toes, aches and pains.

It was noted he made it in front of the rollback and was very lucky only his foot was run over.

I am Very happy to hear this Operator recognized the impending collision and survived. I am trying to picture how he ended up getting his foot run over. Did he fall as he ran around the front of his truck? Did the semi make any contact with his rig? I am interested in seeing what other details might come from this. If anyone might have more FACTS about this please post them.  

Wishing the Operator a speedy recovery from his injuries.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

For years I avoided steel toe boots due to an allergic reaction to the metal. When composite toes came out I was still not convinced and then finally I broke down and got a pair. Every tow operator should be wearing this type of work boot during the normal course of their day and at least have them in the truck during other hours of service. Foot injuries like this can likely be avoided.