Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Pontiac on the rocks.

• Platinum Sponsor
10-6-06

Received a call from Modern Towing to assist them in a car that went way off into the woods, down in a gulley. It was on a large pile of rocks. The car was sitting in an environmentally sensitive area, or watershed area. The local environmentalists didn't want the gas tank to be ripped open and dump fuel into the watershed. So we sent in our 60 ton rotator, lifted the vehicle straight up off of the rocks, spun it around, dropped it on his ramp truck, and he was good to go.

carinwoods001.jpg

carinwoods003.jpg

carinwoods005.jpg

carinwoods007.jpg

carinwoods009.jpg

carinwoods011.jpg

carinwoods013.jpg

carinwoods015.jpg

carinwoods017.jpg

carinwoods019.jpg

carinwoods021.jpg

carinwoods023.jpg

I know someone will say something about the J hook the hook i brandnew and it is rated 4800 pounds the car weights 3000 pounds we pulled on double j hooks and they broke at 16500 pound so they are safe at 3000 pounds and we dont stand under any thing anyways just wanted to say something before other people said it thanks THIS IS FROM ERIC NOT BOB SEE YA IN THE DITCH that is to all you wreckmasters out there ,,,

bigwheelsig.jpg

wreckmster said:
The J hooks may be rated that much, But I doubt they are approved for overhead lifting. I believe they are grade 70. Just be careful. I know you guys know what you're doing and I'm not doubting that. But if something were to happen unexpectedly, that would be the first place OSHA looks.

Archived