Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow Truck Struck - 10.25.20 (PA)

TowForce

Breaking News, Camp Hill, PA: A Rollback has been Struck by a Tractor Trailer.

The Tow Truck Driver is said to be OK, other injuries are not known at this time.

PA102520A.jpgPA102520B.jpg

More details as they become available!

Company: Leahys Towing, New Cumberland, PA

PA102520C.jpg

Leahys Reports on their FB Page:

"Thank you for all the prayer! God’s Angels were with us today. Our driver is safe but the passenger

had to be cut out of the truck and was taken to hospital. We were there to help with the first accident

and ended up being in an accident. The police were still on scene from the first accident.

Please remember Slow Down and Move Over!!!"

102520D.jpg

Crashes on Route 581 near US 11/15 split in Camp Hill closes all lanes

The crash closed all lanes on the highway near the split, backing up traffic for a few miles.

Emergency dispatch services says there are multiple injuries and at least two people are being transported to local hospitals. 

According to Pennsylvania State Police in Harrisburg there were two crashes. The first crash was a multi vehicle crash and while they were responding to it the tow truck on the scene was hit, causing a second crash.

Police advise people traveling in that direction to find an alternative route until the road can reopen.

We are looking into the crash of the crash and when the lanes will reopen. Stay with WGAL News 8 for updates.

RESOURCE LINK with video

Our thought's are with those who were injured in the tragic event and to all involved...

PA102520Z.jpg

Thankfully, John A Langzettel Jr. has escaped death and will be there for his Five children.

How can you be THAT incredibly distracted driving down the interstate in a bob-tailed tractor ( I assume. I dont see evidence of a trailer anywhere. ) that you do a general lee over a flat bed tow truck?? From the looks of the damage to the cab of the tow truck, it went straight up n over the deck almost centered. That person should NEVER be allowed to drive anything again. 

I am glad to hear everyone survived this chaos. It is really amazing.

PROFESSIONAL TOWING & RECOVERY IS NOT JUST A JOB.. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

• Platinum Sponsor

Thank you lord for watching over John and keeping him safe. I am praying for the passenger that was in the truck with him.

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM

There was also a 27 year old woman who has a little boy who was in the tow truck and is actually severely hurt. But John glad your ok. Just don’t forget about the girl who was sitting in your truck and was stuck in there for 45 minutes and almost died. 

• Thanks 1

@Lbdani out of respect for the female passenger whose name was not released. The decision was made no to include the her rescue. Perhaps that decision was no appropriate as Tow Truck Operators we Leave No One Behind. I would imagine the Tow Truck Operator in shock did all he could for his passenger.

PA102520M.jpg

As Tow Truck Operators we do our best to protect those in our care. When possible we have them stand away from the scene over a barrier such as a guardrail. In this location it is easy to see that there was no other option then the cab of the truck.

None of us could foresee a semi driving up the bed and over the cab, it is generally passenger vehicles. Only in the last 10 years have the number of semis incidents with tow trucks increased. The trucking industries safety standards instead of becoming safer with all the regulations has become increasingly more dangerous from this tow operators prospective.

Please send our Thoughts and Prayers for a full and speedy recovery from TowForce and it's Membership. Keep us advised of her condition, we do care!

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, rreschran said:

Incredible ... it's rare to see a semi ride up the bed. I'm glad John survived this crash.    R

Thank you sir. Grateful to be alive today. Please keep the passenger that was in my truck in your prayers

On 10/25/2020 at 9:31 PM, rreschran said:

Incredible ... it's rare to see a semi ride up the bed. I'm glad John survived this crash.    R

Agreed. But don’t forget about the lady who was in my tow truck at the time. She has a long road ahead of her

Hi Doreen ... just a side note to say, "Thank You", for all of the support that you've provided over the years. You're one of a few who stay connected with these tragedies and your kinds words don't go unnoticed.And, it's always great to see you at the tow shows. Christine says, "Hi", too.       R. 

Randall C. Resch

• Platinum Sponsor

Thank you Randall. Tell Christine I said hello too. It really does up set me about our fellow towing men being killed when it can be prevented. These men are just doing there job and people just don't care how they driver or to follow the rules of the road.  I pray for there safety each and ever day.

• Like 1

Contact: Doreen Aragona - Integrated Leasing - Office: 800-551-4854 Ext 20

Email: Doreen@integratedleasing.com  Cell 516-852-5740

integrated18.jpg

www.INTEGRATEDLEASING.COM