Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Wrecker Gold

KY Nick

Acquired some items a few weeks back.  Just sitting prevented from going to scrap.  2 525's- 1 515, couple bodies and drag winches.  Would like to see some good pics of the transmission and controls of the 515 as that is my project after my 525.   Enjoy.  Questions and comments welcome.

20200809_155914.jpg

20200809_170535.jpg

20200809_165452.jpg

20200809_163422.jpg

• Like 2

Nick Schade

Tony's Wrecker Service

Louisville, KY

dad has a shed full of old steel. It's just kinda piled in there and he dares anyone to go in there. Says he is afraid they might get hurt if the large pieces were to shift. He'll work on them when he retires, I don't know that he will retire. At least not anytime soon. Are there any second or third gen towers that can relate? If your dad has retired does he have a project? Dad hasn't had a large project in several years. Just a bunch of old vehicles in all stages of disrepair at the rear of the yard. Nothing is for sale and he'll tell you as much.

As a 4th generation tower, dad didn't have on going projects he had a lot of projects he wanted to do.  He never retired, because he enjoyed what he did so much so he passed doing what he loved.  What I can say to you is don't pass up the opportunities to work on those projects with dad you will be so glad you did later in life.  

Nick Schade

Tony's Wrecker Service

Louisville, KY

Hi YodaBen ... If I were to retire, I'd have to go back to military teaching to catch up on my rest. For what it's worth, I've retired twice but I've never retired. What I hafta' rmember at this point of all the crap I'm working on ... my life's getting shorter, but I tend to take advantage of it when I can. Best regards to all the "tow dad's out there."      R.

Randall C. Resch

Moose ... that's so true about those NOT wanting to retire. As far as staying at work and active, if one's health and conditioning allows them to do so, it keeps the mind active and happy as they too have purpose. That's especially true of those having first responder mentality as we are "men and women of action".  Sitting still, hanging out, watchin' sports, doing nuthin', or worst yet, playing golf (ugh) are some of the reasons I stay involved in the industry. Staying involved gives me purpose and I'm still involved after trying to get out of the industry. The affordability part, we live comfortably and not beyond our means. The house is nearly paid off, all of our kids are out doing their own thing. We get to spoil, rough and sugar-up the grandkids and then send them back home. To me, that's the greatest revenge.       R.

Edited by rreschran
  • Like 1

Randall C. Resch