Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Re: ? ? Tow Operator Fatality 09-12-2020 ? ? Northern California

rreschran

THIS INFO ISN’T YET CONFIRMED.

I’ve got many tow truck friends throughout the state and I’m chasing news leads of a single-vehicle tow truck that was reported as a single-vehicle fatal around 04:50 hours this morning, Big Bar, California. Big Bar is in Northern California, west of Redding, where a monster wildfire has that area under evacuation orders. Due to the weekend, I can’t reach my CHP contacts to confirm and I don’t know if the crash was the result of the fire or limited vision due to heavy smoke and nighttime hours. The tow truck, an F-650 something was said to have left the roadway and crashed into a boulder. Although there are four links noting the crash, there are limited details. If anyone can confirm this event, please add the confirming source(s) and info. I've spent better part of today trying to confirm the details with non-confirming luck.

Regardless, Christine and I send our prayers to everyone up there in those fires. It seems like the entire west coast is burning down. In any event, we’re praying this driver wasn’t killed and we’re hoping for a positive outcome. Please ad details if you have them from a reliable source. Thanks.     R.

Link:  https://www.newsbreak.com/california/big-bar/accident/2059504406118/fatal-crash-on-hwy-299

Randall C. Resch