Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What is a good price for brand new Collins dollies?

I have been looking for a set of dollies for a long time and missed out on a set that was only used three or four times made by Collins for $900. I have basically made up my mind that I'm either going to get a used set for extremely cheap and rebuild them or buy a brand new set. This morning I got a Labor Day Sale email from zips and they have a set of dollies for $1,500. They're made by Collins they have aluminum wheels and aluminum crossbar. I'm going to upgrade them to 5.7 in Wheels which I believe is only $50 extra. Is this a good price or is there a better time to buy? I'm not in a huge rush because I have not installed my wheel lift on my truck yet. I know a few years ago they had a set of dollies for $1,400 and change but I think that ship has sailed. I would like your input as I have not kept up with prices on this type of equipment.

I finally got someone on the phone today because it would not complete the order for the advertised sale price. This price was for the dollies with the 4.8 Wheels which you can upgrade on their website for an extra $50 but when you upgrade from the listed sale price it changes everything so it's an extra $150. So I was just going to order the ones with the 4.8 wheels for now since they would give it to me for the $1,500 but the freight was $261 Plus New Jersey sales tax so that put me over $1,800. I told him forget it I'll get them from the tow show in Atlantic City so I don't have to pay shipping.