Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

From TowTimes.com - Press 1, Press 2

TowBot

Communication.jpg

Communication has become so digital that to speak to a live person on the other end of the phone almost seems like a miracle.

I had received an email notice of payment for one of our invoices, but the amount didn’t match up to my records. The email advised not to send inquires back to that email address, as it was only for notification. So, I called the company to find out who I could speak to about the difference, and after listening to many recorded options, I pressed 1 for accounting, then pressed 2 to speak to an accounts payable representative and was advised of the wait time and if I would like to leave a name, account number and phone number, a representative would call me back, or I could check out their website for frequently asked questions.

I get it — time is money. With a recording, you don’t have to pay someone to answer the same questions that are asked over and over again, and then still end up transferring the call. Many websites do have the information you might need – hours of operation, address, etc., along with tabs to click for what division or services you would like to get information on, and their contact information.

Sometimes, though, you just need to speak to an actual person to explain exactly what information you need.

Right now, the phone here at my business is still answered by someone, and there are no options to press 1 or press 2. But for me, there are times when I am thankful I still have the option to press the hold button.

Have a safe Labor Day weekend.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com