Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

It’s Up to All of Us by Geri Roskopf

TowBot

regulations.jpg

The 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was passed in August 1920 and gave women the legal right to vote. I was excited and proud to register to vote when I became 18. I knew how hard the women before me had fought to give me that right.

I’m sure most of you are registered to vote in U.S. elections, but if not, you can vote if you:

• Are a U.S. citizen.
  • Meet your state’s residency requirements.
  • Are 18 years old on or before Election Day. In almost every state, you can register to vote before you turn 18 if you will be 18 by Election Day. Check voter registration age requirements by state.
  • Are registered to vote by your state’s voter registration deadline.
  •  

The trucking industry has faced many changes in regulations at both the federal and state levels with many of them affecting the towing and recovery industry. For the current administration, it will be a race to the policy finish line with one of those policies regarding hours of service (HOS) becoming effective in September. For both sides of the aisle, before and after the election, hours of service, as one person put it, is a political football. 

I encourage you to check out resources from the trucking industry and federal government outlining what to look for in industry regulations before and after the election — from both candidates.

It is up to all of us in our industry to be informed before the November election and then it’s up to all of us to vote.

QhrXK9msYFc

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com