Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Bentley's

TowZone

30 Nov 2006 00:50

Sherry said:

Just curious. How many of you are getting calls from CCAS to tow Bentley's?
We average at least 2 a week and turn them down for the simple reason of traveling 400-500 miles round trip at motor club rates.
It's hard enough to get paid accurately for local towing from them, especially with the "mileage audit game" they like to play.

certifiedautomall nj said:

Wow if there is anyone on this bored willing to two a Bentley for motorclub rates i truely feel sorry no disrespect or nething but i would never touch a 300K car for the 15 to hook and like 2 a mile that you guys get
Mike, Certified Auto Mall Howell, NJ

Sherry said:
We've done alot of direct transporting for the Bentley-Mazarati and Aston Martin Dealerships for quite a while. We've always set the rate.
It's been just recently that we've been getting calls from CCAS to do the same transporting to the same dealers for the Bentley's.
Can't even imagine why Bentley would even consider using an MC to transport these vehicles. Got to be alot of ticked off owners when they can't get a tow.

certifiedautomall nj said:
Sherry do they expect you to these at contracted rates?? if that is the case then over there at the big hq the bosses must be smokin something and I'm sure from the dealers you get real good money to tow those
Mike, Certified Auto Mall Howell, NJ

BigBerthasTowing said:

We have a different rate for luxury cars. It is more than double that of a Cavalier for example. Although I used to get nervious over Bentley, Rolls, Maserati and so on, I take them in stride now, but the risk of the finest scratch is taken very seriously and every precaution is taken. No metal touches the car anywhere. Straps to car then to metal tie downs. So far no damages what ever. That's a lot more than I can say about my backing up the rig on any given day. But, then I'm getting better in that arena too! No cat's tails in, well lets see, almost seven months now and mailboxes are almost a thing of the past.Be safe and always watch for oncoming traffic!

Ani_Bertha1.gif

Sherry said:
We do local and out of state transporting for these dealerships, including Mercedes and we do get paid very well.

Evidently CCAS assumed that the rates we have for non-luxury vehicles would apply here as well. Notttttttt.

We tow all of LeBron James vehciles as well as his families, also Larry Hughes from the Cavaliers. During the play-offs against the Pistons, my husband went to Atlanta, Ga. to pick-up a Maybach M.B. being customized for LeBran. He wanted it (although not completed) to cruise, had to return it back to Ga., 4 days later to be completed, then back again to pick it up. Paid the bill in full with no question.......Nice!! Believe me the cost of transporting this thing back and forth was just a drop in the bucket compared to what he paid for it.

courtestytowing said:

Very interesting questions we all should ask ourselves:

Part 1: If the motor clubs require limits of only 25,000 on hook insurance to do business with them, then how come they are accepting warranty contracts that will require towing of vehicles 10 times that amount?

Part 2: If they required towers to match the insurance of the cars they are expected to tow then it would only make since that our cost would go up so their price should go up.

Part 3: Since they are not requiring us to maintain adequate in insurance, then do they share the liability when serious damage, (like the slightest scratch) to a 300,000 car occurs.

I once transported a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum car in a parade. They asked us to transport the car from the museum to the parade. We referred them to Exotic Car Transport. They use a special enclosed semi truck enclosed transporter with a very low approach angle. They work by appointment only. If you have an emergency be prepared to pay big and still wait long. It seems they charged $300 just to load, plus an optional $200 for a one time insurance policy per trip each way, and plus mileage. If you don't buy their extra one time policy you must sign an iron clad damage waiver. No exceptions ever period. I think that they have great ideas and policies. I don't know what insurance policy they were using but I think that if motor clubs were to take on these types of contacts they should use their massive resources to offer this service. Towers and customers would be guaranteed the extra protection they need when towing exotics. I know of a local towing company that towed for a Ferrari dealer for years and was always, "so so good"; until that one day happened. A miscalculation combined with all the right things at all the wrong times, and a new Ferrari is upside down on its roof lying next to the flat bed. That company was not insured like most towers with $300,000 dollars of on hook and even if he was he would still be in trouble because after you have a loss run with a claim like that you are uninsurable period. Either way; years of blood sweat and tears down the drain you are out of business. I feel that need is the mother of all change. If an independent transporter can find insurance for a one time transport to cover a 1 million dollar museum car; then why can't the motor clubs partner with that same insurance company to cover anything over $25,000?

I am not bashing motor clubs. I understand that they are trying to be competitive with others that are all

Archived